What's new

No DTS with NEW 1802!?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

I hope I did not screw something up while setting up my DENON 1802. DD works great I have been using Gladiator and Moulin Rouge as test discs. DTS does not produce anything...not even a hiss. I have my Panny Rp31 hooked in via Toslink (optical) and have selected the DTS track (Panny's OSD confirms DTS) but no sound...not even a pop or hiss (DTS signal light is not on either). My question....since this is my first digital receiver how do I check to see if it's the DVD player or the Receiver that's FUBAR????

Anyone else experience this?

Sonny

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
It's the DVD player. Check the DVD player's internal menu and make sure it's set to provide DTS-OUT. Sometimes the setting is defaulted to NO. That's usually the correct workaround 99% of the time.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Yes, You must turn the DTS Bit Stream On in the dvd player's menu....

Good Luck.

I Have set the receiver to both Auto and DTS, I have gone to the Audio Menu on the DVD and selected DTS I have gone to the DVD player audio options and selected DTS......SILENCE. WHat now?

Sonny

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Is your Digital Input set correctly? If your watching on DVD, you must select the correct Optical or Coax that your using...

Exp. If your using Optical 1, your input(DVD) must be switched to Optical 1. Did you go through these settings??

This is done through the OSD of the 1802...

Finally found the Menu that allows DTS bitstream, sure enough it was set to off...all is well now. I thought that By selecting DTS on the DVD it would be sufficient. Thanks for yer help.

Sonny

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Getting the DTS track to work for the first time IS A PAIN with all the different settings you much turn on. It almost takes a planet alignment to get that the first time, without some setting SOMEWHERE being incorrect.

Sonny, you said you went to the DVD player audio options and selected DTS.....did it look something like this...

DTS....bitestream.....on

DD.....bitestream.....on

If not, you didn't go to the right place.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey Sonny

It happens to alot of us with the DTS. I have a Yamaha RX-V995 and at first the DTS did not work. Until I turned on the bitstream on the Pioneer DVD player. Has worked great ever since. I would leave you receiver on Auto format allowing it to auto detect Dolby Digital or DTS. Although I would be happy if Dolby Digital movies disapeared, rofl. To each his own and so on. Have fun with you ht system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks