What's new

No DTS signal on my Denon 1802 (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Heyya fellas.

I've been using a Playstation 2 for my DVD player for the last half year. An optical cable (AR Pro series) has been the audio cable of choice. I just picked up a Panasonic XP30 and hooked it up today.

I began playing around with it and I noticed no DTS signal being processed. I first noticed it with Pearl Harbor. Dolby Digital works fine but no DTS signal shows, only PLII.

I then threw in Gladiator to test that out. Again, no DTS signal showed up. I manually selected DTS on the unit and had no audio whatsoever.

I already played with the menu in the XP30 and set everything up properly, as far as I know.

Any ideas?

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Turn on your PS2.
Insert movie.
Once movie starts playing, either hit DISPLAY on your PS2 remote or hit SELECT on your PS2 controller.
Highlight the SETUP icon.
Go to AUDIO SETUP.
Turn DTS on.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Well, thanks for the info but I got it figured out. This must be the law of Adam Bluhm. Whenever I have a problem, try to work it out, then give up and take it to the forum, I figure it out minutes after posting. :crazy:

The PS2 was the dvd player hooked up. The XP30 has taken it's place. I thought I had DD and DTS setup the same, but DD was set to bitstream in the XP30 menu, but DTS was set to PCM. I changed it and it now works.

Thanks for the quick reply, though. What you said was actually my original problem with the PS2. I couldn't get audio from it and that option was holding me back. I guess this makes me 0 for 2 with these menus. :angry: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks