'No Disc' Message- Please Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Edward, Jul 27, 2002.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Since my neighbor's son inserted a non-region 1 disc into his Sony 360 DVD player, all discs now come up with the error 'NO DISC'.

Is there some sort of lockout feature that can be reset, if indeed this is the case? Any input appreciated.
    Thanks

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Hmm.. Non-region1? Sounds fishy...

Was the disc a real one and not pirated? My friends have had pirated discs screw up their players... dunno if they go it fixed or not though.

3. James Edward

He 'fessed up and showed me the disc. Definitely a pirated disc. Any suggestions on how to fix the player?

4. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Assuming that you haven't already tried this - disconnect the power cord from the player for a brief duration. Turning off the power from the front panel control, by itself; isn't enough to completely reset the player ( based on my experience with a Toshiba DVD player, anyway. )

- Walter.

5. Leon Liew

Leon Liew Stunt Coordinator

Mine play pirated disc flawlessly.Perhaps your neighbor's player needs a checkup.

6. James Edward

Unplugging the unit did not work either. Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this problem- please respond. Thanks...

7. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

James, I sent you an email with a document on how to do a calibration on the DVD player. It worked for me. I would have just sent this link, but the site is down.
    http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/index.html
    Tom

8. Irens Cruz

Irens Cruz Stunt Coordinator

James
    Sorry to tell you that, but welcome to the team. I had the same problem on my player and I had to get a new one.
    Check the link below and you will find that hundreds of people had the same problem.
    http://www.audioreview.com/DVD,Playe...3_1587crx.aspx
    Give it a try on TomĀ“s suggestion, it may work
    Jr. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. James Edward

Service menu calibration did not work- error message came up- I believe at the point where it was trying to read the disc.
    Any other ideas appreciated, but I will begin to tell my neighbor of the virtues of a progressive scan player...

Thanks

10. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

And also, one hopes, the virtues of living a clean life sans pirated software! [​IMG]
    Deborah