What's new

'No Disc' Message- Please Help (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Since my neighbor's son inserted a non-region 1 disc into his Sony 360 DVD player, all discs now come up with the error 'NO DISC'.

Is there some sort of lockout feature that can be reset, if indeed this is the case? Any input appreciated.
Thanks

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hmm.. Non-region1? Sounds fishy...

Was the disc a real one and not pirated? My friends have had pirated discs screw up their players... dunno if they go it fixed or not though.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
He 'fessed up and showed me the disc. Definitely a pirated disc. Any suggestions on how to fix the player?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Assuming that you haven't already tried this - disconnect the power cord from the player for a brief duration. Turning off the power from the front panel control, by itself; isn't enough to completely reset the player ( based on my experience with a Toshiba DVD player, anyway. )

- Walter.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Unplugging the unit did not work either. Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this problem- please respond. Thanks...

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Service menu calibration did not work- error message came up- I believe at the point where it was trying to read the disc.
Any other ideas appreciated, but I will begin to tell my neighbor of the virtues of a progressive scan player...

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks