No Denon refurbs?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by NileDB, Jan 14, 2004.

1. NileDB

NileDB Extra

Since Christmas I've been researching receivers and had essentially decided on a refurb Denon 2803 from an authorized Denon e-retailer that had a few different models available. Now, today, there are no Denon refurbs on the net anywhere!!! Anyone have any idea why they have been pulled? I called the retailer and was told that they were discontinued(?) ! Not the sharpest knife in the drawer this guy, so I chose not to interogate any further. Guess I should have pulled the trigger sooner.[​IMG]

2. John S

John S Producer

ecost right now has an open box 2803 for like $334.....

They also have refurbished Denon in stock, but are probably NOT authorized.

3. NileDB

NileDB Extra

John,
    I only see the 18xx series and if you search their manufacturers listing, Denon is not included anymore. That was where I was looking to get the 2803 and it was there yesterday. I went to Denon and looked at all of their authorized e-retailers, of which ecost is, and none have any refurbs listed today that existed yesterday. I'm disappointed to say the least.

4. JohnW

JohnW Stunt Coordinator

5. John S

John S Producer

I just put Denon in the search and looked at all listed products. They did list the open box of the 2802 today. but that 1802 deal is even better.