no DD from digital out on RCA 486RH sat receiver

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by AnthonyD, Mar 2, 2004.

1. AnthonyD

AnthonyD Auditioning

I previously posted that I was having this similar problem with my Philips DSX5500 sat receiver. It has since been changed to the RCA with similar problem. I have programmed the sat receiver to output only DD. DD is working with DVD and CD. The other component here is an Onkyo HTS760 receiver. TV is a Sony KF42WE610. I have checked and rechecked my receiver programming and all is within recommendations of manual. Any ideas much appreciated

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    What channels are you expecting DD on? DD is only available on some (not all) premium movie channels and some (again just a few) PPV channels. Also, check the program description to see if it is in DD.

-Robert

3. AnthonyD

AnthonyD Auditioning

Sorry, I should have been more clear on the problem. I'm not getting sound out of any of the speakers including surround, center, and front. For some reason, sound comes only from TV speakers when watching satellite. With DVD, sound comes through the speakers fine. On the Onkyo receiver, it will read "ProLogic II Movie" while I'm watching satellite TV. Before, I would get sound from the HT speakers, even surround on MTV.