What's new

No David E. Kelly Shows On DVD? (1 Viewer)

Kieran Brown

Agent
I know there are a whole heap of shows people want on DVD, lot's from the top of the list on tvshowsondvd.com have either made it on DVD or are soon to be released on DVD, but I can't believe none of the networks have released any season sets of David E. Kelly's shows on DVD. And there's a fair few!

Ally McBeal
The Practice
Boston Public
Doogie Howser, M.D.
Chicago Hope
Picket Fences
Snoops

I loved all those shows! I'd absolutely buy all of them, especially Ally McBeal and The Practice.

Why hasn't any of David E. Kelly's shows been released on DVD? Could 2005 be the year one or more do get released?

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
It is odd, given Kelley's popularity, that none of these are out.

I'd go for Picket Fences (up to the point of Kelley's reduced involvement in the show, when it became more "personal."

I'd also go for Chicago Hope up until Mandy Patinkon left.

And The Practice, up until its self destruction awhile back.

Hmm... as good as his shows are, they often don't go for long before "jumping the shark."

-Scott

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm a big fan of "Boston Public" so I'd definitely get that if it were ever made available. I hardly ever missed an episode during its run, although the last season was pretty pathetic.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There was an "Ally McBeal" best-of release, a 2-disc set. I'd assume if it had sold well, we would have seen more by now.

You could always go region-free. The entire series is out in R2.

John McM

Second Unit
I wonder why music rights are holding Ally McBeal up in the US when the entire series has been released in the UK.

Considering it no longer airs in reruns on FX... I am ready for season sets, the first 4 are definates.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'd say the problem is that Vonda Shepard sings a TON of covers in this series, which I'm assuming would have to be cleared. Ally is a music right's NIGHTMARE, and because the 2 disc set didn't sell very well... the show isn't a huge priority for FOX to go ahead with at this point.

John McM

Second Unit
but how were the covers cleared for the UK and not here?

Ally should be a higher priority now because it's completely gone from reruns. I've actually debated buying the Asian versions to hold me over.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
For any "Boston Public" fans who are unaware, the series is being rerun weeknights on the Women's Entertainment (We) channel.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for "The Practice" anytime soon. The rights holder had that show (along with 50 or so other series) in an online poll a year or two back where people were asked to vote for their top picks that they'd like to see on DVD. "The Practice" ranked near the bottom.

As to "Ally" being available in the UK ... perhaps the INTERNATIONAL rights were negotiated at the time of the original contracts or perhaps there's some other aspect of it being an international release that prevents the music industry from fleecing the British public.

I agree: if you want "Ally", just go and pick up a region-free player. You can get a decent name-brand one for under $75.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks