No color, Video 1, Toshiba TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan_SD, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Ryan_SD

Ryan_SD Auditioning

i have a 3 year old 27" Toshiba TV. I recently purchased a whole new HT setup. I am using my Onkyo receiver to do the video switching, but I am having 1 major problem. The video 1 setting on my TV is in black and white. Does anyone know what could be causing this? If I watch the TV on TV, color is fine. Also, is there anyway to set the receiver to output to Video 2 instead? I think that it may just be the video 1 color that is bad, I have had my DVD player hooked up to Video 2 before and was able to get color. Any input, info, advice is much appreciated.

2. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

The first thing I'd do is eliminate the receiver from the equation to determine if it is the tv input that is causing the problem or the receiver switching is causing the problem.

good luck,

--tom

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

You should also try a different cable from the receiver to the TV, especially if you're using an S-video connection. I've seen this kind of problem caused by a damaged S-video cable.

M.

4. Jim FC

Jim FC Stunt Coordinator

If you're using S-video cables, Michael's right... its more than likely a bent pin in the ends of one of the cables going from DVD to receiver, or from receiver to TV. If you're not using S-video cables, you might have plugged a cable into the wrong output on the DVD player, or wrong input on the TV. Make sure you're using the yellow input/output, not the green one.

To make the Onkyo output to video 2, simply plug the monitor out cable into video 2 on the TV. Easy as that!

5. Ryan_SD

Ryan_SD Auditioning

I am using an S-video cables. One from the monitor out on the stereo receiver to the S-video in on the TV. Also from my DSS receiver to the stereo receiver. And from my DVD player to the stereo receiver. The one from the stereo to the TV is brand new. I think I will head to the store and pick up a couple more new ones and see if it works. Thanks for the input, I will keep you posted.

Thanks again,
    Ryan