What's new

No character introductions (What if......) (1 Viewer)

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Clint Eastwood's character in several westerns:
A Fistful of Dollars : The Man With No Name (Joe) [a nickname]
For a Few Dollars More : The Man With No Name
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Blondie [another nickname]
High Plains Drifter : The Stranger [thx Ron]
Pale Rider : Preacher

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
A lot of Chaplin movies, at least the main character (Chaplin) usually does not have a name, only get referred to as The tramp, the little fellow and so on.

Nick_Gray

Agent
How about 1989's "The Cook The Thief His Wife and Her Lover"? I am pretty sure that no characters are named in that one. Obviously, the four main characters are easily identifiable from their descriptions; but none of the other characters are named either.

The "Wife" and "Her Lover" also don't have any lines for the first 45 minutes. Their first lines are about a play in which the male and female leads don't have any lines for the first 45 minutes, and how boring it wias...(Not that this was the case with this movie.)

I was thinking back, and in The Breakfast Club, Ally

Sheedy's character is never addressed by any name except in the credits (as Allison Reynolds according to IMDB) .

I grew up in the 80's, so you'll have to excuse my reference to such common pop culture.

Tim Raffey

Stunt Coordinator
Or what about Andrei Tarkovsky's Stalker? In it, you have "Stalker", "Writer", "Scientist", "Stalker's Wife", & "Martha" (Stalker's daughter; the only one without any lines).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks