What's new

No Buffy: Season Two Reviews? (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
With less than two weeks until it comes out, I'm surprised that no reviews of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Two have come out yet. I thought Fox gave out screeners relatively early...or I could be wrong.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I'm not sure when most sites received their Buffy screeners, but the site I review for got its copy in on Monday. I'm not sure if Fox sent out the entire set (from what I understand, screeners for some X-Files sets have been incomplete), but reviewing 22 episodes and delving through all the supplements would require a pretty substantial amount of time. Even if Fox only sent half the discs, that's still quite a bit of material to sift through.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The screeners are only discs 1 and 6

We got our copy late last week, its on it's way to me now, I will have a review up hopefully within 24 hours of recieving it

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
WARNING: If you are a Buffy newcomer and haven't seen season 2 yet, DO NOT READ THE REVIEW AT IGN.COM!!!! It is absolutely OVERFLOWING with spoilers!!!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
True that. I caught 2 spoilers before closing it. Not just text spoilers either, screen caps that are spoilers as well.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Jeremy: I urge you... I IMPLORE you to do some major editing on that review, or at least put a large "spoiler warning" at the top. I know that many people are seeing Buffy for the first time on DVD, and Steven Horn's review will completely RUIN season 2 for them. It's an utterly incompetent and irresponsible thing to do.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Yea, there's a spoiler warning going in right now. It'll show up pretty soon when I republish the site with some cool stuff that's going up in about 30 min.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Ill post my thoughts once i get the set. I came on and got a E-mail from the store i bought it from saying it was shipped today

capt

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone say what the packaging is for this set? Here in the UK it comes in a nice book style folder but we’re paying twice what you guys are for the R1. Not that the packaging is worth the premium but if it’s the same then I feel a trip to 20thC Fox is in order complete with gasoline and a pitchfork.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Can anyone say what the packaging is for this set? Here in the UK it comes in a nice book style folder but we’re paying twice what you guys are for the R1. Not that the packaging is worth the premium but if it’s the same then I feel a trip to 20thC Fox is in order complete with gasoline and a pitchfork.
I believe it's a fold-out set inside a standard slipcase. And while we're on the subject of the UK packaging: I could've sworn I read on quite a few sites that the Season Two packaging made it quite easy to get the discs scratched. Is this true?

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I believe it's a fold-out set inside a standard slipcase. And while we're on the subject of the UK packaging: I could've sworn I read on quite a few sites that the Season Two packaging made it quite easy to get the discs scratched. Is this true?
The UK packaging did initially cause scratching problems with discs, as the sleeves were too tight to ge the disc out, and it dragged across the card. They have rectified this, by loosening the pages (the packaging is in the shape of a book), and lining the insides so that they won't scratch. However, they are still difficult to get out of the package (though they don't scratch).

I prefer the standard X Files type packaging for TV seasons myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim131
Recent bookmarks