What's new

No B&M's have the disney treasures (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I went around today to the four major stores that sell dvds in my area (Wal Mart, Best Buy, Suncoast, Hastings). I talked to sales clerks at all the stores and none of them had ever heard of the disney treasures, I had them all check to see if they had any in stock, and what price they'd be selling them at tomorrow. None of the stores had any in stock, and had no idea what they would be priced at, I talked to a manager at Suncoast, he'd never heard of them, questioned whether they were even coming out at all, saying Buena Vista never meets release dates, and Finally checked his release date book which didn't even have them listed. In all a very frustrating evening, and it looks like I'm placing an online order for them.

Adam

The store I work at (Wal-Mart) here in Albuquerque got our shipment today, I did not check the price as I had already ordered my copies through Amazon. Check the stores tomorrow, I think you will be able to find these titles with out a problem.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The usual ignorant b&m's are bad places to look for this DVD (Blockbuster, Walmart, etc etc). I had this in my hands the other day and a few days later, I was looking in these same places. BB told me they don't have it. "We only have it on VHS". Is this title a full frame deal?

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
They do have it at the Disney Store I checked in and I'm guessing this will be your best bet around the country.

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Got all 4 at the Disney Store on Michigan this morning. Cost 22.99 each, plus I got 10% off with my Disney Club card. I'm watching the Disneyland USA right now.

All of these are very classy discs.

These are definatly uncut. There are parts with Davy Crockett characters in Frontierland talking about the "Injuns" and "Red Skins" and their hot breath, etc, etc. Also a whole segment from "Song of the South" (in b&w) including some of the live action.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Tower books and video had them today (tuesday). This was the first I have seen of these so it was a bit of an eye-opener for me.

What was the Costco price?

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I was told by one online dealer that distribution was delayed but that they should be available on Wednesday. I also note that Amazon has revised their date to December 7.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
thanks for pointing me to the disney store, don't know why i didn't think of htat myself :p brain fart i guess :)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I wasn't all the eager about these titles,
but then yesturday I picked up
Mickey Mouse in Living Color
and
was THRILLED with that collection.
(I paid $24.99 at the Fry's electronics, where
they had just a few laying on a table.)
Today, I ordered the Silly Symphonies
on line, since I cannot reall afford all four
this month, and I'm not really all the exited
about about the "live action" releases,
(though the vintage tour though Disneyland would be nice).
I can see why they call them "uncensorsed," since
in one animated short, Mickey takes in some bug spray
and goes on what looks to be something akin to an
LSD trip. He even ends up on a giant mushroom:
how subtle is that?
I love it!
:)
Mark

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Wal-Mart in my town (Augusta, Maine!) had these on street date for $22.99 each.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Walmart here had the DVD's, in a special display no less, but sold out, except for three Davy's. Even though I missed getting the disc tonight, I was happy to see the quick responce on these titles. I am sure we will see more now.

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me if the Mickey disc includes the Jack in the Beanstalk cartoon with Mickey as Jack. I have fond memories of that one.

Thanks in advance.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Can anyone tell me if the Mickey disc includes the Jack in the Beanstalk cartoon with Mickey as Jack. I have fond memories of that one.
Jacob,
I think that you are referring to the much longer (and later) cartoon that is located as half of Fun and Fancy Free
-Chad

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
For some reason Lasers Edge still didn't have the Micky tin in yesterday. Go figure.

They did have the other 3 however. I picked up Silly. I like the others, but not enough to buy at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks