no audio on vcr

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Arthur, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Arthur

Arthur Extra

Coax (rg-59/rg-6) cable connected to input VCR from TV/SAT (MOTOROLA 6200/6208. Video is connected via composite from monitor to Video 1 of the receiver. Plus video and audio composite cable from receiver to VCR for supposedly recording. I have no problem with the video but I can't seems to get the audio. I'am missing something?

Thanks for info.

2. Matt_A

Matt_A Stunt Coordinator

First of all, are you trying to get sound out of your reciever or your TV?

Do you have Satellite, Cable, or an antenna?

If you have Cable or an antenna, connect your coax-in to your VCR's Antenna input. This will allow you to record anything off the air.

Connect your composite out (audio and video) from your VCR to your reciever. This will take the signal from your VCR to your audio source. Connect your reciever's VCR outputs to your composite in (Audio/Video) on your VCR to record sources that are being played through the reciever.

Connect your composite cable from your reciever monitor out to the TV. Be sure your TV is set to video and not TV.

This setup will allow you to hear sound through your reciever by changing the channel on your VCR. The TV will have no sound.

HTH,

Matt

3. Arthur

Arthur Extra

That's exactly how I connected it but I think I have the audio and video from receiver to vcr reversed ( the ins & outs).

I'am at work right now, but I double check it when I get home. Thanks.

4. Matt_A

Matt_A Stunt Coordinator

Soemtimes it's a lot easier to just hook up the bare minimum first. If you just connect the composites out from the VCR into the receiver and try it, you should hear audio. You might even try just playing a video tape and see if everything works ok. Once you have a small portion working, you can build it up from there.

Enjoy!

Matt

5. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

also double check your actually hooked to audio out on the vcr (seen that a few times)