What's new

No audio from SPDIF out. Please help. (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I have an Infinity NF4X motherboard and I'm currently using the built-in audio panel (no separate sound card).

The audio panel has a coax SPDIF output which I'd like to use to send audio to my HT receiver (outlaw receiver).

I bought a digital coax audio cable, connected one end to the motherboard SPDIF out, the other end to the coax input of my HT receiver but I'm not getting any sound. I do get sound through the regular analog connection (mini plug).

Things I have checked are the following:
  • Downloaded and installed latest motherboard drivers.
  • Checked BIOS for any SPDIF enabling/disabling setting but didn't find anything so I don't think it's being disabled from there.
  • I made sure I chose the right input on the HT receiver and the digital coax input was selected.
  • Made sure SPDIF was not muted in control panel/sounds (It wasn't).
I'd like to eventually get 5.1 audio from my PC but right now I'll settle for any type of audio through the coax SPDIF.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Rommel_L

Second Unit
In the control panel, the built-in sound card has its own settings link. Make sure the SPDIF-Out setting is set to Output digital only...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
My built-in sound card doesn't have its own settings link in control panel. All I see is "Sounds and Audio Devices" and I looked everywhere in that link and I don't see anything to set to output digital only.

Would it be somewhere else?

Rommel_L

Second Unit
Your mobo came with a cd with all drivers and programs to run everything in it. You need to find that cd and install (or reinstall) the soundcard programs...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, That is the first thing I checked. I don't see anywhere anything that allows me to set to output digital only. I'm at a loss with this thing.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The problem was with the "new" Nvidia drivers. I uninstalled them and now I'm finally getting sound.

Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks