NO audio dropout w/6200 & CC4000 via digital

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Garcia, Jan 19, 2002.

1. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I picked up my Marantz CC4000 after waiting for it a few weeks, and I am quite happy with it. I read a review of the 4000, and became uncertain if it would be the right CDP for me or not. The review said this player was a bit soft and maybe a bit too relaxed, though I am pairing it with a Marantz receiver. I figured the two would work well together. I looked like a good CDP for the price, and I got it for 20% off locally.

The unit has stereo analog and coax digital output, and the reviwer stated that he was not impressed with the DACs in the 4000, so I would have to try both the analog and dig to see if I could tell a difference. I can almost not tell a difference if at all. The DACs in question , recevier vs CD are probably similar if not the same, so I didn't really expect to hear a difference.

The important thing was that using the coax digital connection I get no audio drop out when going track to track or disc to disc, as some have complained. The interesting thing is I DO get dropouts via coax dig from my DVD player.

This only strengthens my feeling that the dropouts are more due to specific combinations of equipment, and not just the fault of the receiver. There was a discussion on this a few days ago, but I can't find the thread.

So far, it sounds absolutely great with a wide variety of music (rock, techno, vocals, my favorite female singers, jazz). I've had it going most of last night, and today.

2. John Garcia

John
    ttt

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i too have the CC-4000 and love it! that tray mechanism is second to none. VERY fast and efficient!

mine is hooked up to an Onkyo 595 and i found that the sound quality is better when the Marantz does the decoding. for the prices i paid, i'm very happy with my current setup.

4. John Garcia

John
    Yep, that thing is quick. Disc changes are almost as quick as going from one song to another on the same disc. I'm very pleased with the sound so far.