No Audio Drop Out On Pearl Harbor!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Weight, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Jeff Weight

Jeff Weight Stunt Coordinator

Nov 2, 2001
    I've read most of the threads here and other places concering the audio drop outs with Pearl Harbor and Jurasic Park III using Onkyo products in DD. I must admit that I was a bit concerned by this. So much so that I was considering returning my receiver as I consider this a defect. If you can't use your receiver in either DD or DTS and get the same results without a problem, what good is it. While I realize Onkyos solution to this problem is to watch the film using DTS, I feel that this is rubish. While I prefer DTS to DD I want everything I paid for.

Well I'm happy to report that my Integra DTR 7.1 does not have the drop out problem! I watched/listened intently to Pearl Harbor last night in DD and it was perfect. Not one glitch.

So if it was perfect for me, why are the new receivers having a problem? I'm not an electrical engineer, but I would guess the problem is with the new Crystal chip they are using to decode.

I'm interested to hear is other owners of the last generation of Onkyo/Integra products has experience any problems.

I'm sorry for those of you that have probelms. I think it sucks, and I'd be bitching at the manufacture loud and long until it's resolved.
  2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

Jun 24, 1999
    Over x-mas, we watched PH with a Sony DVD and a Marantz tuner in DD with no dropout also.

I've only watched it in DTS at home, so I have yet to hear dropouts during playback myself. Same with JP3.