What's new

No 30-day trial: bad? (1 Viewer)

ShawnK

Grip
If a store doesn't offer a 30-day trial, would it be unwise to buy from them? What if the new equipment doesn't match favourably with my current setup? How much of an issue could this be?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i absolutely would not buy from any store if they didn't offer some sort of money-back guarantee.

it doesn't necessarily have to be 30-days...i've seen 15 days...but it better be something.

and i'm not talking in-store credit either. i mean, 100% money back guarantee with no restocking fees.

any audio store worth it's salt knows that gear sounds different at home. i don't care what excuse they give you...if the gear doesn't work for you you shouldn't be stuck with it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is usually one of the first questions I ask any store; What their in home demo policy is. The ones I continue to do business with are the ones that have a decent lending policy. It typically means you pay the whole price for an open box unit to demo at home for a week or so, with no questions asked when the unit is returned, as long as the unit is still in the same working order, and a full refund is given. Stores that won't lend with a policy something similar to this aren't worth my time or money.

Shawn_MM

Grip
I agree with everyone else on this one. I was looking at purchasing new speakers a few months back and I was allowed to demo some Energy Cr3's, C1's and C7's. After a week I returned the speakers and went with a different company a week later (Def. Tech's). These were nice speakers BUT I dont think I would be as happy as I am right now.

ALSO some of these stores have SO MUCH MONEY invested in their demo rooms that it makes perfect sense to take them home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks