What's new

No 3:2 pulldown...what can I do? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Thom

Auditioning
Hi all ---
I have a Samsung TXM3096WHF widescreen HD ready TV. It does NOT have 3:2 pulldown. When I watch Laserdiscs, DVD's on a non-progressive player, etc. I get picture jitters on really bright objects. I assume this is due to 3:2 pulldown not being done. Is there a gadget (or something) into which I can run an interlaced signal that will be output with these 3:2 pulldown errors corrected?
Thanks
;)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
A used Iscan will do the trick for you. I have an Iscan version 2. If you want to use it with your DVD player too, I would get the Iscan Pro (ver3) because it has component inputs.
V2 is about $300-$400
Pro is about $600.
It also does a very good job on video de-interlacing. Pairing the Pro with a decent non-interlaced player via component video gives very nice results (I used to own a Pro, as well.)
I route my LD, VCR and NES through the Iscan.
There really aren't any better de-interlacers than the Iscan for the price.
Although this: Link Removed is on-sale for HTF members for $695. Looking at the scant specs, your TV should work at 852x480 (I think!) And I believe it can also scale 4:3 and LBX material for you (but don't buy it without confirming all this, I've never even touched one before!)
Yes, all of these things are a bit pricey, I'm afraid...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks