What's new

NLCS: Giants vs. Cardinals (1 Viewer)

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Tim "Boring" McCarver is killing me. The thought that he may do the World Series threatens to take the shine off this jewel. For years he has been my least favorite announcer. He explains the obvious in such a way that makes him sound like he considers his audience a bunch of retards. He has no sense of humor and is never irreverent.

Now tonight he makes me wonder how he could have played all those years and not come to an understanding of the obstruction call that has just been made against the Cardinal third baseman who impeded the possible advance of Santiago. The replay showing him being impeded in one frame and the relay from right field in the other seems to show that it would be a close play at the plate. Santiago clearly does not want to take the risk of being thrown out at the plate so pulls up at third. The umpire awards Santiago third on obstruction, but he complains that he should be allowed to score. Fine, that is Santiago's job and of Dusty Baker to come out for an explanation and/or to argue. Both announcers have said that there was interference on the third baseman. They bring umpire Steve Palermo to join McCarver and Joe Buck in the booth and he explains the rule and the term "obstruction." Well of course he will support his umpire, but he does read the rule and make a good case for the decision of the third plate umpire. McCarver still does not buy his explanation and continues to question a classic judgment call by an umpire.

More than any announcer, McCarver seems to contradict replays that show a runner out or safe.

I can only hope that John Miller and Joe Morgan get to do the series. They are the best at the present.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I'm happy for the Giants, but it's too bad for the Cards. They did have a pretty inspiring season. Of course, I can honestly say I won't miss FOX driving the Darryl Kile story into the ground. Come to think of it, I'm sure they'll find some other "story" to dwell (obsess?) on during this World Series.

Matt Morris also deserved a better fate than he got tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks