What's new

Nixon SE -- 3/19 or not??? (1 Viewer)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
DVD File and DVD Special Edition had reported that the Nixon SE would be released 3/19, but I can find no DVD web store that lists it as available for pre-order or as an upcoming title. Neither does DVD Price Search. Anyone know if this has been delayed or what?

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Maybe Disney has postponed it so they can go back and do an Anamorphic transfer! :D
Yea right...
If you're a fan of the movie the 2 disc Special Edition is probably the best it's gonna get for a while. I'm sure that this is going to be the same version that has been included in the Oliver Stone Box Set since 1/16/2001
Gregory

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure that this is going to be the same version that has been included in the Oliver Stone Box Set since 1/16/2001
In which case, I'll pass. Truck it out with an anamorphic transfer, and I will buy it. I already have a non-enhanced version.

Bruce

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
well, i think the director's cut is fascinating, but the transfer is horrible. As bad as Born on the Fourth of July, just in different ways.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Nope. :D
I doubt it's coming out on 3/19 though because it would be listed somewhere.
Gregory

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
It's definitely coming, though. The Digital Bits just ran the new cover (and said it's out next week - ! - ) the other day.

RyanM

Agent
Did anyone happen to save a copy of the cover art posted on The Digital Bits? I haven't been able to access them recently due to their move.

Ryan

RyanM

Agent
I ordered Nixon SE this morning from Amazon! Search for Nixon Collector's Edition.

Ryan

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Have we discovered whether or not the version supposedly to be released on 3/19 is the same old transfer, or a new anamorphic transfer.

Somehow, it doesn't seem that Disney has much interest in what they are doing with this, or am I missing something.

Deane

GerardC

Agent
Well, according to DVD Pricesearch and DVD Planet it's slated for 3/26 and anamorphic (16x9) too. Could somebody confirm this?

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I saw it in a store last night, and it said nothing about it being anamorphic. Though it was overpriced ($25.99).

James Miller

Stunt Coordinator
I for one will not be happy if this is a new anamorphic transfer, after shelling out big bucks to get this film in non-anamorphic via the Oliver Stone Collection...

RyanM

Agent
Has anyone who ordered from Amazon received their disc yet? They've delayed it twice now for me :frowning:.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
According to the guy at Best Buy tonight, this has been pushed once again -- to April 9th.

RyanM

Agent
I just arrived home, and much to my surprise, Nixon SE was in the mailbox. It comes in a double case (what's the correct terminology) much like Fox's 5-star DVDs but in black. The discs have no artwork on them. I'll post more details later.

Mick Wright

Second Unit
Ryan, could you please let us know if it's anamorphic. Since I shelled out for the Stone box I'm not sure if I'll be glad or angry. :)

RyanM

Agent
I ordered the disc from Amazon on March 12. When I asked my local Best Buy a few weeks ago when they'd have it in, they also mentioned April 9.

The film is *not* anamorphic widescreen. There are a number of deleted scenes that have been edited back in, including the extended sequence with Richard Helms, the cabinet meeting, and a few others. The video/audio quality of these scenes is poor. The extras appear to be the same as the box set release: approximately an hour of deleted scenes (including video commentary prior to each scene and commetary bookending the whole collection), the Charlie Rose interview, two commentaries, and the 4+ minute trailer.

Ryan

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I hope one of the video stores will eventually allow me to rent this. I really enjoyed the original version and just wonder how the extra scenes fit into the movie (poor quality of extra scenes put aside).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks