What's new

Nissan "The Run" Z DVD now available (1 Viewer)

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
Just rcvd email.

In addition to the seven-minute film itself, the DVD
features a director's commentary, behind-the-scenes
footage, even a "choose your own view" feature, with
several picture angles for you to select from.

The cost of the DVD is $9.95 plus tax, shipping and handling.
To order yours, simply call 866-225-0936 between 8 a.m.
and 6 p.m. EST and give the representative your mailing
information and credit card number.
UPS Ground shipping to AZ was $5.95, ouch! Oh well, I'm a sucka for any kinda of car sequence.

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
Can I preview this online like the BMW Films? I hate to blindly buy this, even if it is inexpensive.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I've seen the movie trailer. There is some pretty cool street driving and a very palpable sense of speed. If this is more of the same, it should be pretty good. No way it should be worth an outlay of $15, but perhaps for less.

See the trailer for it here.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link to the trailer, Alex...I'll go check it out. I doubt I'd be willing to pay for a "commercial", though, roughly the same price I'd pay for something like The Graduate. That would be silly.

Edit: Nah, that's not worth $10-$15. That's just driving. Just showing off a car. It's pure marketing, and they want to sell you the ad as well as the car. It's not like "The Hire", where you get entertained and the stuff selling you the car is more subliminal. This is just pure advertising, nothing more.

I love my Nissan Altima, and the next car we purchase soon (a 2nd car) will also most likely be a Nissan. But I'm not paying Nissan for the "priviledge" of researching what they want to sell me. :D

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Is the "Ad" they showed in theaters seven minutes long? If this is longer that what was shown in theaters I might ante up for it. I'm a Nissan junkie for life, YO! :D

currently driving: 200SX SE-R

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The ad in the theater was only a couple of minutes long I think.

I get the impression that the theatrical ad was just a trailer for the full one. I would guess that they extend it further than the train crossing finish.

John Macri

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Is this the one with the M45 racing a Camaro and a 69 Dodge R/T? If so, Nissan mailed me this a couple months back as an advertisemnt. It's okay, but I wouldn't pay for it...

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I broke down and made a keepcase cover for this. If anyone can host it let me know.

EDIT: It's currently available HERE. Not sure how long it will last, as it is just a geocities site...

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Geesh am I late to the party. I had no clue that this has been around since March!

There was an ad downloaded to my Tivo a month or two back, and you could order a copy gratis. I did, and its sitting on my "to watch" pile.

I did see some clips on Tivo, and was somewhat disappointed. It looked like the car was not really going that fast, and the audio was doctored to make it sound like it was going faster.

I will need to sit down and watch the DVD, but my first impression was that it was an attempt to imitate Rendevous (I am sure I spelled that wrong!).

BGL

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
When you watch all of The Run, you will see that it directly copies Rendezvous. It is still interesteing, but nowhere near as good as the original...

Phil_L

Second Unit
You can get the DVD at many dealers and car shows. Not sure if it's free or not at the dealers. I had to buy the Z to get mine. Well worth it though.....LOL.

Joshua_JO

Agent
Tivo showed a clip of this recently, and then gave you an option of having the full DVD sent to you for free. I just received mine the other day=)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was at the San Francisco International Auto Show in November and I saw the Run showing on a large screen at the Nisson booth. While I enjoyed seeing it there and I would have liked a copy, I'm not sure it's worth $15 either. A DVD was not available there. I checked the web after the show and found that at that time, a DVD was going to be available early 2004ish. My information seems wrong?

Nelson

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
why don't they make one for the max? we have the same engine.

I can see the understeer now! :p) hope my next car is a z or g35c. Someone bump this thread when it's below $8. Fifteen clams for an ad seems rather frivolous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks