What's new

Nissan Maxima!! (1 Viewer)

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
My frineds dad got his new Nissan Maxima up to 220KPH! I did not know they could go that fast. He said it would of gone faster, but 130MPH is pretty crazy.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You can get stock '02 SEs down to 14's in the 1/4 mile. 130MPH doesn't seem like such an impossible figure after achieving that.
fyi- The Altima is quicker in the 1/4 mile ;)

AviTevet

Stunt Coordinator
I'd bet they could get up to 150... more aerodynamic and more power than the WRX, and the WRX can get to 145.

Gary Hensley

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a 2K2 Max SE 6-speed in April and love it. Coming from a 98 WS6 TransAm I thought I would be miserable and in all honestry the Max is a blast to drive. Very high quality vehichle inside and out. My first foreign car and I have no regrets.

Brad_V

Second Unit
A Maxima will go a good bit faster if you do something like... put a 125hp shot of nitrous on it! :D
I know some guys who were all set to rent a Cadillac and turn the Northstar into a NOStar at the track. The rental place screwed up, so they got a Maxima instead. The NOSxima only had a nitrous bottle put on it and a vice grips on the fuel return line to increase the fuel pressure. It wound up doing a best of 13.6 if I remember. Not so bad. 125 is a big shot of juice, though.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I've been up to 130 mph in my 93 Ford Probe GT, and it only has 164 HP. Great little car...and it handles like a dream too.

Craig

Second Unit
I believe Road & Track had a previous generation ('95 maybe?) Maxima SE up to 142 mph.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Now why can't american V6s be that awesome?
It has nothing to do with the engine. It has everything to do with the tires. Tires have a speed rating, ranging from H (most common) to ZR (True sports tires). If a tire is run faster than the rating, it has a good chance of failing. An H rated tire is only safe up to 120 mph. Another common rating is V, which is safe at speeds up to 149 mph (Which is what the Maxima has). A ZR is good up past 200 mph. The higher the speed rating, the more expensive the tire is. So most American (and cheaper cars) take the cheap road and put the cheapest tires they can find on the car, and put a governer on the engine to keep the car under the safe speed.

Ken Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
I had my 91 Max SE to about 135mph and it only has 190hp. I had passed some guy in an American V8 and he thought he would try to pass my back. Too bad he had to watch me pull away. I had to slow down due to getting close to a town or it may have gone faster. It is still running with almost 300,000 miles. I also had my 73 240Z to 135 quite a few years ago. Man what a car!!!:D

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Most GM cars have a top speed of 110 due to a the inclusion of a limiter by GM. Even though they are capable of going faster.

Dave Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
the maxima has one of the best engines in it's class. sure it's important to have proper tires, but it's an awesome v6.

i'm confident mine (2K SE 5-SPD) would do 145, but i've only peaked at about 90 once.

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
A friend of mine has a maxima and he says he has had it up to 240 kph. What I was surprised by was that my uncle was able to get his BMW 3.28 up to 150 mph with only 193 hp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks