What's new

Nirvana: Unplugged DVD (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Has anyone else been waiting for this DVD? I have been craving this one since DVD debuted, but it doesn't seem like my prayers and desires will ever be fulfilled. MTV, being the sh*t that it is now, won't even air the damn thing anymore. Kurt's performance in "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" is one of the most heart-breaking things I've ever seen or heard. If you listen closely on the CD, when he starts singing his heart out at the end, you can hear him let out this exhale of despair that sends a chill down my spine each time I listen to it. All the hairs on my arms stand up when I listen to that song and picture him as I've seen him on the television broadcast. He looks up as he lets out that breath with this undefinable look on his face. You can see the despair in his piercing blue eyes. It's almost like you can glimpse his soul for a brief moment. The whole performance is filled with gut-wrenching emotion, and I just want to experience it as often as possible. Am I the only person waiting for this incredible performance?

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
NO Robert you are not the only one. But until the legal mess as to who owns Nirvana (Dave & Krist or Courtney) gets settled, nothing is going to come out (including the box set).

The trial is supposed to start in September.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
You are not the only one waiting for this. But like Larry said until Courtney, Dave, and Krist work things out nothing from Nirvana will be released. We can only pray that one day we will get to hear the final finished song You Know Your Right.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
A Nirvana: Unplugged DVD is in my Top 10 "Most Wanted DVDs". I hope Dave and Krist obtain the rights. It was their damn band, not the free-loading Courtney Love's. :angry:
-Dean-

THREAD CRAP REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR. RYAN, REREAD THE FORUM RULES. THIS SORT OF POST IS PROHIBITED. DO NOT EDIT THIS MESSAGE.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Nice thread fart, "Satriani". To exclude Nirvana from any sort of respect is ludicrous. They aren't the best ever, in my opinion, but I am a fan and think that Kurt had alot of talent. It's a shame that we are having to wait for all of their work to get out there, but it gives us that much more later on, I guess. Still wish I had the DVD, though!

Matt

HAHA "thread fart":D just saying my opinion about Nirvana.
THEN DO SO IN A SEPARATE THREAD AIMED SPECIFICALLY AT THOSE WHO DON'T CARE FOR THIS BAND. BETTER YET, DO SO AT ANOTHER FORUM. JB

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
HAHA "thread fart" just saying my opinion about Nirvana.
It was a thread fart (prefer the term "thread crap", myself), since the original poster didn't ask for everybody's opinion on Nirvana, good or bad.

Maybe on the newsgroups, they're accepted, but thread farts/craps aren't appreciated around here.

-mwb-

Ned

Supporting Actor
Nirvana had more talent than Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and Pearl Jam combined.

Randy Schissler

Stunt Coordinator
How about the "Stone Temple Pilots:Unplugged", I've always loved that one. I just wish MTV could at least, release the audio version on CD.

--Randy Schissler

Butch C

Second Unit
Sorry I'm so out of the loop but theres actually a court case in this contry in which the rights to material created by a musical group is being fought over by TWO OF THE THREE BANDMEMBERS vs. the dead bandmembers wife?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Someone please explain that theres more to this case...this is the biggest load of shit Ive ever heard

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Butch,

I think the problem is the Kurt Cobain wrote pretty much all of Nirvana's music, so they are his "intellectual property" so to speak.

Therefore, when he died, Courtney inherited it.

Dave and Krist obviously have claim because they were ACTUALLY IN THE BAND.

Personally, I hope Dave and Krist stomp that free-loading, psycho b**ch into the ground in court.

I know that Dave and Krist both can't stand her. Listen to the Foo Fighter's "I'll Stick Around"... it's about psycho Courtney.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks