nirvana...mtv unplugged...please!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam E. Torres, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

hey if whoever is in charge of the rights of this concert would just release this amazing musical achievement on dvd...i would die a happy man. if it has to do with legal bullshit, then son of a bitch...i think it's paramount since it is mtv but i am not sure. if martin blythe would care to comment....that'd be pretty sweet

2. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I second the sweet comment. This is a must I mean come on it's Nirvana.

3. Tiffany A

Tiffany A Stunt Coordinator

I would love to see this DVD, as well!

Most likely Courtney Love has the rights ..

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Add me to the list.

5. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

I'd buy this in an instant.

6. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Easy purchase here. We need more MUSIC on DVD! [​IMG]

7. Donald W

Donald W Stunt Coordinator

yeah I'd like to see this also...but because of whats going on with the Heart Shaped Box set that was supost to be out last year I don't think were going to get this anytime soon...even though this is a MTV production Love wants control of everything that is and was Nirvana and I don't think she cares what the fans think or want...I think this is why all of these years it's never been out on VHS or DVD...I know that I want a DVD of the Nirvana Live Tonight! Sold Out! UNCUT that was on VHS and LD years ago that had never made it to DVD because of Miss Love and the BS that she is causing

8. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Courtney Love should go the way of her nemesis, El Duce (of the Mentors)! [​IMG]
    Because of her we don't have:
    The box set
    10th anniversary editions of Bleach or Nevermind (and presumably In Utero)
    Nirvana on video in any form (though Sonic Youth is releasing 1991: The Year Punk Broke sometime this year with bonus footage...hopefully Courtney can't stop it)
    Universal Deluxe Editions of Nevermind or In Utero (or maybe Insestiside)...UMD has released 2-fer eluxe editions of albums like The Who Live at Leeds, Bob Marley's Exodus, and Marvin Gaye's What's Going On? (to name a few) and they are releasing big special editions of Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation, Goo, and Dirty. It would have been killer to get deluxe versions of Nirvana's catalog, would it not for the ex-Mrs. Cobain.
    Bitch.

9. Donald W

Donald W Stunt Coordinator

I hope that Kurt slaps her when she meets him in heaven...the only Nirvana/Cobain DVD thats out is the crapy Kurt Cobain Tribute from PolyGram...I want Unpluged badly on DVD with a ton of speical stuff...and I know that most of the fans really want the UNCUT Live Tonight! Sold Out that was on LD with the 4 extra songs that weren't on the VHS...oh well I'll stop ranting