What's new

Nip/Tuck Season 4 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
OK, how stupid is it for someone to believe that the person bribing them is going to give you "all" the photos.

Christian certainly isn't the smartest guy in the world.

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator
Am I alone in saying that this season really hasn't pulled me in yet? Everything is just so ridiclous that it bores me. Nothing changes, Christian is still a jerk, Sean just makes constant bad decisions, Matt is an idiot, Kimber screws up everyone etc...Maybe thats the point, that people don't change? Either way it really isn't interesting anymore. I'll still watch every episode but its just not as entertaining as it used to be.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Bob_S, I agree with you. I've been a big fan of this show (got friends to watch, own all the DVDs), but this season just seems to be a bit much. I feel it started happening last year with the Carver arc and how that got completely ridiculous, and now they have damn kidney thieves infiltrating the office and Scientology? I was hoping just the selling of the practice would be enough for the writers to use for interesting story-telling, but apparently not.

And yes, I know there have been some crazy story lines from the very beginning, but it is just beginning to feel forced and not as fun anymore.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Another loyal viewer who finally bailed two episodes back. When I want to watch the Twilight Zone I'll watch the Twilight Zone. Nip/Tuck has always been outrageous but they've finally gone over the line and are just jerking the viewer around. I also decided the same thing regarding Desperate Housewives two weeks ago.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Man I love this show. I know it's a little overboard this season, but who cares! It's great fun... and it's not like past seasons have been all that realistic anyway.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The return of Escobar. One hell of an episode. This show had kind of a "eh" period, but I really enjoyed last night.

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator
Jump the shark doesn't even begin to describe the path this show has taken. Does anyone get actually aggravated while watching the show? Everything annoys me and I can't stand anybody. Not one single character has any redeeming quality. As far as I'm concerned the ole hurricane could have killed them all and I wouldn't have cared....well, maybe thats a bit harsh....

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator
This show jumped the shark with such intensity that it actually looped around the shark and is now back in front of the shark. In other words, the show has become so ridiculous that I enjoy it for a completely different reason than I did previously. Let's see: (1) a midget (and sex therewith); (2) a kid with lobster claws for hands (3) a method acting Rosie; (4) kidney theft; (5) former prostitutes paying off old debts; (6) pre-op trannies (and sex therewith); (7) dianetics...the list goes on...

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It's beyond ridiculous. But I've went with it because it's so camp that I find myself laughing. It's a much different show then the first two seasons, like a parody of itself. But it entertains.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The show isnt very good anymore. A friend described it as a parody of itself.
I too am tired of Christian never evolving and tired of Julia always crying and being unhappy. Sean is annoying as well.
The flash forward episode was a change of pace. So what happens next, Connor traveling back in time to save his parents?
The grownup Annie was hilarious.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, they built in 5 years of struggle between Sean and Julia before they finally move on from any shred of hope of getting back together (but Julia not returning wouldn't impact much in storylines and off-camera communications in the meantime is all you'd need to keep her character alive for the current show if it makes it to season 5), so it's possible to write Joely back in should her personal situation improve, but the episode felt like a true goodbye to Joely on the show.

The little bits of technology sprinkled into the episode was amusing: cell phone implant, laser scalpels, bloodless surgeries, pencil-thin cameras.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Count me into the camp that thinks this show has completely fallen off. This weeks episode was painful to watch. In the "future" it looks like they threw they threw them into The Jetsons, I kept waiting for references to flying cars and stuff. That coupled with the ridiculous Annie character completely took me out of what could have been an interesting storyline; they could have played that straight/non-camp and it would have been a million times better. I'll continue to watch through this season to see what happens, but probably won't be back next year.

How many more episodes are there in this season?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This week was the 11th episode, and it's a 15-episode season, so we are getting close to the home stretch of 4 more episodes this season.

It would have been hilarious if they showed that Kimber 2026 looked exactly the same as Kimber 2006.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
it's like sopranos season6 ;).

it's so cute that annie sounds like her mom's whinning voice. heh heh heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks