What's new

Nip/Tuck Season 2 (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I just discovered the show the past few weeks. I ignored it last year -- the ads looked like trash. Now, I watch with a mixed sense of lurid fascination, shock, and true interest in the characters. I block out or skip the surgeries; they don't interest me. But the characters really are interesting. I don't really like any of them, but they are so sad, so broken that I pity them and am engaged with their travails.

I'm not sure if I will keep watching. I don't care for the language (and I don't find it really adds anything to the drama), and the sexual content also pushes my tolerance levels. But the stories are catchy and the characters engaging.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
This seems like it might spell bad news for the show:

Despite show's success, 'Nip/Tuck' director considers leaving

Basically, the creator of the show, as well as a writer and director, is likely writing the season finale as his last one. He "doubts [it] will end," but he'll likely move onto better things.

I'm kind of hoping the show doesn't end, but if it becomes a "West Wing"-type situation, it might lose me as a viewer. Let's hope there's a quality writing and directing staff that can pick up any slack.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Definite shame about the creator leaving. Hopefully he can strengthen the writing staff adequately before he departs. Someone mentioned that they dislike the characters, and when I first watched the show I did too. Now, its amazing how much I can relate to them, in that Sean is just trying to do right by his family, and Christian is showing a much more human side.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That was me. I was wondering why I find them interesting, nonetheless.

I really didn't like "Wonderfalls" because Jaye was so unlikeable. She had everything and threw it all away. She made no effort to overcome her struggles. She was a waste.

In contrast, Sean and Christian are broken, deeply flawed people. But they are struggling to find their way. Christian, a narcissist, is showing growth in reaching out to others at times, even when there's no clear personal benefit. And though I find their choices at times appalling (let me show you a better way!) I appreciate their struggles and efforts towards being better people.

Duane R

Second Unit
7/20: Joel Gideon

What another great episode! The car crash and crash research bit, the heartwrenching scenes with Christian over the custody battle, and the revelation about Matt's lineage at the end. It looks like things will heat up next week with the life coach storyline, too.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Excellent episode! Just caught it and I have to say I'm surprised nobody posted anything on it yet besides Duane. The car crash bit at the beginning really jolted me as I was half watching, half drinking chocolate milk. During the part where they were discussing the shark jumping and only having one incident, where the guy "really irritated the sharks," I couldn't help but think of Dane Cook just saying that he "has this thing called a 'Shark Rocket' and he shot it at them, and it really annoys them!" :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good episode (finally watched it last night). I did feel really bad for Christian as he had to finally say goodbye to Wilbur. But the scenes between him and Sean regarding his emotional pain at that moment was stretched a little thin, revealing Christian's all-too-typical "me-centric-ness" that's plagued his entire life.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I finally watched Tuesdays episode last night and I thought it was a great show. It's always great how they take one theme and weave it throughout the whole programs so it affects everyone. Great stuff. The characters were all dealing with dealing with decisions that they made in life and the ramifications of those decisions.
I loved the speech at the funeral of the gerbal.

Never made an effort to overcome her struggles, in three episodes? It should be sazid that she never had the opportunity that the characters on Nip/Tuck did to evolve or overcome her flaws since her show was pulled from the air. Since the DVD is coming out, from what I have read, you will get to see that evolution.

Sad about the creator leaving. Why create a show just to move on from it after two seasons?

NolanJ

Second Unit
OMG, this show just keeps getting better and better.

Looks like next week Matt finds out...

that Christian is his dad

Famke is smoking hot! ;-)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This episode didn't work as well for me. The "life coach" was too out there. Her behavior and professional "ethic" are beyond the pall. Even for a fictional character, it's too much for me.

But I found more interesting the woman with the imperfect lipo-suction results. It's a gray situation and I'm curious how it plays out.

Duane R

Second Unit
To me this episode was on the bizarre side from beginning to the end. I guess Christian thought by offering his services to Liz, he could have a kid without the responsibility that goes along with it. I'll aslo be interested to see where the Lipo issue turns out, too. The life coach's kid walking into the living room for breakfast at the end kind of creeped me out.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor

I believe its the opposite. He wants to donate his buddies, so he can be a father again. He really wants that connection with a child. I see it playing out that Liz becomes pregnant with his donation and something happens to Liz where she dies in child birth or Christian believes she is an unfit mother and files for custody.

Paul

AlexanderS

Second Unit
Can we get a petition to get them to stop showing the weekly "man-ass" shot. I mean once or twice I understand but this is becoming an institution.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Matt's subplot is being steamrolled through, not much setup of the longing that Matt develops to pay off when the life coach gives Matt his reward for doing better in his schoolwork. But, I did enjoy the Mrs. Robinson-esque scenes to a point, and then her son shows up in the buff...hmmm.... Matt is an idiot though (getting caught outside the life coach's place? Sheesh!).

I think Liz is going to regret having Christian as a sperm donor if Christian gets fixated over the child, and with a biological connection, he's going to have more leverage to be in the child's life.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
First off...what happened to the guy from Melrose Place from last week that needed to have his face worked on after frost bite? They never concluded that.
Matt just gets weirdere and harder to watch each week. He doesnt even have any redeeming qualities. He leaves his friend to rot in prision and is now stocking weird Life Coach Woman.
Hmmm, and what to think about the son? Looks like he is going to put some moves on Matt. Should be interesting.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I cannot believe the lipo women. She DOESN'T have a fricking case. She signed the consent form, yes without reading, but Sean had suggested she take her time to read it, yet she comes back with "I'd freak out if I knew what happens"

Grrrrr.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Used to like the show, but I enjoy the intro more than the show. My wife watches still, I just have her crank it and feel the walls shake with the heartbeats and music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks