1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

NiOh

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dave Upton, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Audiophile
    Owner

Dave Upton
    Anyone else here playing NiOh? I'm finding it to be a truly excellent game (though very challenging) with the typical Team Ninja/Japanese difficulty ramp. So far i'm about 50 hours in, Level 77 and am enjoying it immensely!

Bryan^H likes this.
  2. Message #2 of 6 Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

Yes. I still don't enjoy it as much as the Dark Souls Series(in another thread I noted how similar they play) but it is growing on me. open a new level-fight a boss-get my butt kicked- grind for an hour or so-save/level up(Strength and Stamina mainly) fight boss again, and beat him. Seems to be the strategy so far. Enjoyable game, and I think I'm level 34.

3. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Audiophile
    Owner

Dave Upton
    I've found that you really enjoy the game more once you start to figure out how to mix/max by reforging and soul matching equipment. I'm running a Heart/Skill build (Katana/Dual Katana) and very light armor with high Ki. Lots of slash, slash dodge action.

Bryan^H likes this.
  4. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

Turns out I am only level 28:huh: The game is just starting to be addicting to me. Problem is I'm juggling 4 games currently -Horizon Zero Dawn, Sniper Elite 4, Zelda, and this.

Dave have you beat it yet? At level 77 a week ago you are really tearing this one up.
    Also, if I may make a recommendation to you--if you haven't played them already--
    Darks Souls 3, and Bloodborne for the PS4. They are very similar to Nioh, and in my opinion both are better games, especially in the level design.

5. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Audiophile
    Owner

Dave Upton
    I'm now level 104 and am in the final zone of the game. Probably going to finish in the next 2 days.

I have played all the Soulsborne games and really enjoy them. I actually thing the graphics in Nioh are far superior, but agree that the designs in the Soulsborne series were very impressive. If I had to pick, right now Nioh is my favorite - but not by much.

Bryan^H likes this.
  6. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

Nioh does have a deeper combat system. I like that.