What's new

Ninth Configuration (1 Viewer)

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator
The Ninth Configuration is available on a region 2 DVD. Is there any word if there will be a Region one release coming soon?
Brad Vautrinot

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Brad, it's nice to know someone else is waiting for this great movie to arrive on dvd! I thought I was the only one... :) Anyway, I haven't heard anything about this coming to Region 1 dvd so your guess as to when it's coming is as good as mine. I just hope it's soon!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Richard Hardbattle

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Region 2 release, and it's a disc with a AMAZING movie on it: Audio commentary with William Peter Blatty and Mark Kermode (one of the best I've ever heard), a brief - but excellent Mark Kermode documentary, a stack of deleted and alternate scenes etc..... but the picture and sound are fairly poor. The release is from Blue Dolphin, who I recall released Big Wednesday, The Terminal Man and THX 1138 on Laser and VHS in the UK.
I would love to see it on Region 1, hopefully because it would have a better transfer, anamorphic ideally...., and a new 5.1 sound mix.
And it would allow a lot more people to see this masterpiece.
Check out IMDB for full reviews and a VERY high ranking!
Rich

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Count me as another who would love to see this film on DVD! Great novel ("Twinkle, Twinkle Killer Kane") AND film!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Well, I asked Michael Felsher about The Ninth Configuration during the Anchor Bay chat (my first chat, BTW). He replied that they've asked about TNC, but currently have no plans for it. I think that means they couldn't get the rights. That's too bad as TNC would make a great AB title - I don't know of any other company that would give this movie the attention it deserves. On the bright side, Felsher did say he would like to see TNC on dvd so maybe he'll keep trying...
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Thanks, Bjorn! (And a release date almost exactly a year since this thread was started!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks