NintendoDS Lite

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rhoq, Jan 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

2. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Although the annoucement sucks a little since I picked up my third DS over the holidays, the few minor issues I have with the system appears to have been dealt with with the redesign, namely being smaller in size and new brighter screens. I've been really spoiled with the brighter screens on the PSP and the new Gameboy SP, that going back to the DS is a bit of a bummer. Can't wait to hear when the system will make it to the US.

3. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

The DS Lite is great. A friend of mine got the mint-colored version and it resembles the iPod with its colored shiny plastic and rounded edges. It's lighter, smaller, the screen is brighter (with about three or four levels of brightness) and can be seen from more angles. It's pretty chic for a Nintendo handheld, which makes sense considering 'the big N' is trying to attract the non-gaming population.

4. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Is the screen good enough to warrant an upgrade?

What I mean is other than looks are there features worth upgrading for?

I am thinking of selling off my old one and upgrading if there is a worthy difference. That's why I ask.

I haven't really followed this item.

5. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

The screen has adjustable levels of brightness with the middle setting to be just about the same as the original DS. I've heard that the new screens are much clearer and the additional brightness really makes a difference.

The official U.S. announcement (MSRP, Street Date and launch colors) for the DS Lite is coming on Thursday (May 4, 2006) morning, 8 AM eastern time.

6. StephenP

StephenP Stunt Coordinator

Sadly, I have just imported a DS lite from HongKong, one day before the announcement of the US version. It will be out in June for $129.99. It will only be sold in white for a while, so at least I am glad I ordered the ice blue version. Worth $70 more? LOL I try to tell myself yes. Oh well, live and learn.

7. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

The screen is actually a very big improvement. I was surprised how much sharper it looked, even apart from the brightness controls. It's also lighter (weight-wise) - it's sort of what the GB Advance SP was to the original Advance. At first they're only offering "polar white" but rest assured there will be more colors shortly thereafter.

8. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Second Unit

Sunday's the day. I've held off on getting a DS until just this release. Anyone score a system early? I literally had one in my hands a week ago at Walmart, but they refused to sell it me...

mike.

9. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

I'm waiting for a color other than white to be released. Preferably black or that dark midnight blue that is available in Japan.

10. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

I picked one of these up, and the improvements are vast. I really like it a lot. Recommended!

11. Paul Simmons

Paul Simmons Stunt Coordinator

12. JamesED

JamesED Second Unit

I've got the old blue DS already. I'm going to wait until a great bundle or hopefully a special edition. My fingers are crossed for another retro stlying, but they may just stick to solid colors. I've got the Super Famicon GBA Micro and love it.

13. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

That black is sweet.

14. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

Yes I picked up my Black Onyx ds lite. EB asked me to buy the warantee it guarantees a new DS if breaks, want a new colour etc.... I was sold.

I picked up Metroid Pinball, New Super Mario, and instead of Mario Kart, since I have the Gameboy version, I picked up the Pinball of the Dead game for Gameboy, and Brain Age.

15. Paul Simmons

Paul Simmons Stunt Coordinator

Sooo glad I waited! Just bought this bad boy last week, bought this awesome case off eBay for it too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]