What's new

Nintendo (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Ok, guess what I found and dusted off a couple days ago...

that's right! (if you can't read titles for some reason) my old Nintendo!

that's right, the classic NES!!! that old 8 bit classic looks great and blown up on my RPTV!!

only drawback: duckhunt don't work! (the light gun doesn't work with RPTV's...only tubes...oh well!

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Hey, same here. What memories were dredged up while playing mario brothers. The best thing is. I also found a sega genesis and my old ATARI.. darn it if both those two don't seem to want to work tho. I don't have many games for NES, but there is a place in town that sells used (obviously) games for fairly cheap. I was thinking about getting a stand alone console player, but with this new found toy and my computer, I think I am set.

Woohooooo! My wife will have to watch TV in the bedroom until I get bored with NES!!! I need to get that Atari working or find one that does.

Have fun playing

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I have the 750 NES game CD for Dreamcast. It's great for games I don't have but half the fun of playing on NES is using the controller, the batarang doesn't cut it. ;)

Scott does your version have the correct game for Friday the 13th? Mine lists it but it's Nightmare on Elm Street instead. Plus can you play 4-player games (like Superspike V*Ball) using all of Dreamcast's controller ports? I can only use two of of them. :frowning: If so can you make me a copy?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think what you guys are talking about is not supposed to be spoken of on the HTF.

Anywho, about once a year or so I will go on a gaming binge for one console or another. Usually it's the SNES and NES. Last summer, I pulled out the NES and played a bunch of games. Because of all my time playing Time Crisis II, I was really good at the aforementioned Duck Hunt. I also played through Shadowgate (which I have for GBC) and some other games.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I think what you guys are talking about is not supposed to be spoken of on the HTF.
No. Talking about where to get "stolen" or illegal roms is not to be discussed on the HTF. Talking about emulators and such and thier use is not a problem.

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
I just took apart a crappy 3rd party DC controller and wired in an original NES pad.
Now it has turbo as well...

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I had to scan the front of my Solstice cart to make up the words in my sig logo. I just had to pop it in the nes and give it another go for old times sakes, still one of my favorite games.

Dean

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Romier-

They were discussing which games were on the DC discs that they had. AFAIK, they weren't talking about legal copies or independently developed games.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I always thought that it was something about detecting the flash reflection off of the TV. The screen flashes when you shoot at it, and it detects it with the gun. That's what I always thought at least... I could be completely wrong.

Glen

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Someone explained this a long time ago when talking about the GunCon 2 for PS2 (the concept is still the same).

The screen flashes and then the gun's light sensor reads what scan lines it's aimed at. The game then calculates where the gun is actually aiming, and then acts appropriately.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Well Morgan in all honesty you can't buy these games new anymore. The developers won't get a dime if you grab the game off ebay or have it on a cd playable on the DC. I do have about 50 original NES games but there's no way I can get 800+ NES games in my library, including very hard to find titles. Not only is it more practical, it puts less wear & tear on the games I do have.

Scott- oooo sounds interesting. ;)

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Nope, I had to photoshop it a bit. I use Solitice because its very rarely used by someone else and it sounds more like a wizards name to me.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
750 NES games
Only 750? We should compare lists sometime. :D Of course, officially speaking, that's all I have... a list. I would never possess ROMs in conjunction with an emulator! ;) It's wrong and bad and.. uh.. yeah..

In all seriousness, this is all somewhat dodgy subject matter for the HTF so I'll stop there.

But I agree, it's a beautiful thing.

~j

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks