What's new

Nintendo to focus on GBA connectivity and LAN gaming (1 Viewer)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Straight from Magic Box.

In addition, Nintendo reaffirmed that they do not have plans to focus on online gaming in the current state, instead they will emphasize on the GC/GBA connectivity and LAN support for GameCube.
Personally, I can't wait for someone to come up with GConnect software so that I'll be able to play whatever LAN titles they offer online. Best of all, it'll be free gaming. :)

Glen

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Nintendo just started a new branch to focus on making just first party games that utilize GBA/GCN connectivity, is ramping up their R&D, and rumor has it that Mario Kart has been completed and features 8-person racing (linking 2 consoles together).

You know, the GameCube is so tiny you could bring it just about anywhere, so LAN gaming doesn't seem that far fetched.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Can't say I'm surprised, but admittedly disappointed. I too look forward to somebody jury-rigging the GameCube to work via GameSpy so I can catch the on-line wave with a console.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
This seems like a good time for console LAN gaming. With HDTV popularity going up, standard TVs are dirt cheap. Even my fiancee and I have a spare 19" TV in the bedroom (it may be 10+ years old, but it is a TV!) Plus, you could always get a VGA box and hook up another GC to your PC monitor (another dirt cheap item).
Bring on the 8-player Mario Kart!

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
I have LAN parties at my condo, since I have a home network, three 27+ inch tvs, and a fourth ethernet jack for a wandering nomad gamer with a TV. So far we've been having Halo parties. And with Xblive, more and more games are being made with networked multiplayer in mind. I doubt Gamecube developers will get near the support that Xbox has in this area. But I certainly invite the idea of Mario Kart lan parties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks