What's new

Nintendo Repair Service, Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Has anyone tried one? We where wondering what the total cost of repairing my original 1985 NES would be. Shipping, Service, and Return...

Also, please describe the process you went through.

Thanks!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I can tell you right now it'll be cheaper to buy another one. The labour cost isn't worth it.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
If it's having a problem reading carts, you can replace the female connector inside it for around $10 (check eBay). Otherwise, base systems (front-loading) go for around $20-30 on eBay, top-loaders for $60-100.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I installed a new 72-pin connector on my NES myself. It's very easy, cost about $10 and it works like a charm. I recommend taking Q-tips, dousing them in water, and thouroughly cleaning the contacts in all your games. You'll be surprised how many swabs you'll go through and how much dirt you've taken off.

And I'd also recommend getting a Game Genie. Even if you don't plan on using the codes for it, it's connector slot on the cartridge end is very tight and secure. Many times if the game won't work by itself the Game Genie makes it work perfectly.

There's also the Dreamcast EMU that let's you play NES games on your DC. Hundreds to thousands of nes games that work all the time, look great with the bilinear filter (which is switchable), and a boatload of options to boot. Email me for more info.

Good luck!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I like that my NES (front loading from the fall it came out)still works. This way, I don't have to go through any of this replacement craziness.

But does anyone know how to replace batteries for carts?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks