Nintendo releases another Gameboy SP backlit

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dean C, Sep 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

I noticed some new color sp handhelds.

On the box it says finally backlit comes in Pearl Blue or another color and it says only 30%brighter than the sp.

How come no news on this? Couldn't get to see the brightness on this as the store had no demo. But How much brighter can we see this gameboy glow anyways. Isn't the original sp just as good.

Good for people who want to play their gbc and b4 games.

2. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    How much brighter? This much brighter.

Seriously, this new SP has so much more bang for it's buck than the Micro.

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Yup-bigger screen and the ability to play GB(C) games. The only thing the micro has going for it is the headphone jack (which is a very very bizarre omission from the SP).

Of course, you could just buy a DS for a little more and get the best of both worlds. GBA Games, DS games, awesome screen, and more comfortable form factor (the SP is just way too cramped for me).

4. JamesED

JamesED Second Unit

I never cared for the square shape of the SP, since it really cramped controls. I never made the jump up from original GBA until I recently got a DS.

I like the Micro, since it's pocket size and has wider controls than the SP. The price is a huge turn off though. I may get one when they come down substantially.