What's new

Nintendo Press conferance.. (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
I wonder if the controller with the d-pad and two buttons could be used in a different position. I've seen pictures in which the controller is being held in one hand in the 'vertical' position, but flip the thing 90º and suddenly the d-pad is on the left and two buttons are on the right.

I've thought about the exact thing you're talking about, Phil, and hopefully what I mentioned is possible for yet another alternate use for Nintendo's controller.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's a little more than that. Light gun games only measure where you're pointing the gun when you pull the trigger. The Wii constantly measures the exact location and orientation of the controller relative to the TV screen, so you can do things like slash the controller to control a sword in the game.

Granted, you probably won't get a lot of 40+ hour RPGs on the Wii, but for less than $250 for the console and games that could potentially be priced at $40 standard (I'm just guessing on this; 1st party games could be this cheap) I don't think many people will mind.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure that the requirements of the wii controller will be as crucial as expected. It's suppose to involve gamers in a whole new way, and I'm willing to bet Nintendo took the "Arms out at length" into account. A lot of people duting the E3 exibitions (at least according to the videos) were doing more work with their wrist than their shoulder. I think that You'll probably have to adapt, just like you did when Analog controllers came out, or Force Feedback, but overall, it'll be a new form of control that will easily fit in with your current gaming habits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks