Nintendo Power Interview With Miyamoto & Iwata

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Masood Ali, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

You can read the interview here.
    My favorite quote:

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

But that quote begs the question... what after year one? Hopefully we'll see Mario Kart Cubed sometime in the not so distant future.

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

You know what-I'll believe it when I see it. There's no way that all of those titles are going to be out by November. Starfox probably, and Mario maybe, but I'm sure Zelda and Metroid are going to be next year's news.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

There's a Donkey Kong Racing game announced, probably another Donkey Kong game (so in otherwords, returning Rare games), plus Nintendo will be bringing some other stuff.

With Metroid, Zelda, StarFox, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, etc. all coming out by October (that would be 1 year from the Japanese launch, correct?) who needs any more games for a year?

5. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Finally! Something to pull me away from all the time I spend gaming on my PC!

Chris,

I could see being skeptical about Zelda making it for 2002 (unless it's really short) but I'm confident Metroid will debut this year. It sounds like Retro's troubles with this title are behind them.