What's new

Nintendo Monopoly (1 Viewer)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I suppose a Microsoft version of the board game would have been too obvious. :P I could see myself purchasing this, if for no other reason than the novelty factor (and as a longtime gamer).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
And here I thought this was an article by someone thinking nintendo was going to be a Monopoly again :).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You know, they really need to adjust those figures for inflation. I mean, who really cares if you pass go and get $200? Thanks for getting me through a couple of days. ;)

Ooh, Boardwalk + Hotel, $500. Bill it to my card so I get rewards points.

I think if they just multiply everything by a 25 (so passing GO = $5000) it will become relevant again. :D

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Boardwalk + hotel is $2000, Boardwalk with no improvements and without Park Place is $400, and you get to double that if you have no improvements but also have Park Place.

And I'd still feel ripped off I paid $400 for a hotel room, ouch, that's a huge chunk of change, even for my parents.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was going to say the graphics looked pretty cool, then I realized I was looking at pictures of an actual board game! Why would anyone want that? Nintendo DID start out as a playing-card company though.

There was a video Monopoly game on the original Sega Master System.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I suppose a Microsoft version of the board game would have been too obvious

There have been PC versions of Monopoly.

Some of you may be missing the point. By computerizing a game like that, people who are alone can still play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks