Nintendo GameCube component cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Haris Ellahi, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

Can you buy these component cables only from the Nintendo site? Or do they sell in local stores too?

2. Corey Hancock

Corey Hancock Stunt Coordinator

I have not seen these cables in any store yet. I went into a local EB store the other day and asked about them about the cables and they had no idea what I was talking about. The only other place online I have seen the cables, besides nintendo.com, is Ebay.

Corey

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I've seen empty pegs at two local Best Buys with a price tag that reads "Gamecube Component Video". The manufactuer listed is a 3rd party...I just forget who.

The pegs have always been empty so I assume it's one of those "it's in our computer but they have yet to arrive" deals.

4. Kody Klindt

Kody Klindt Auditioning

Another great place to buy them is www.buyrite.net. They have them in stock.

5. Kip

Kip Stunt Coordinator

6. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    I've seen the empty slot at Best Buy as well. I think it may be for the Pelican component cable. Pelican's website is here. I haven't read a review of their cable so I don't know how good they are.

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think they are being made by some company, but they are only available right now from Nintendo.

8. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

I have a Pelican Component cable running from my PS2 to my set, and it works every bit as good as the $45.00 monster cable for PS2 that I was using previously. The Pelican was only $8.00 on sale at Software Etc too.

Can't say how good the GC cable is, but my experience with Pelican cables in general has been good.

BTW, my friend has the 'official' Nintendo cable, and it is nothing to write home about. I don't see how the Pelican could not be just as good.

9. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    If your city or town has an authorized Nintendo Repair Center, you may be able to snag one there. I recall years ago when the only way you could purchase an s-video cable for the SNES was through Nintendo. On a whim, I stopped by the local authorized Nintendo Repair Center and they had it in stock so I picked one up.

Gary

10. BrandonG

BrandonG Agent

Back when the cube came out, Best Buy sent out information to all stores about product availabilty. The component cable was having issues with reverse engineering and has yet to come out. We did have orders set for all stores a few months ago, but nothing ever came in.