What's new

Nintendo E3 Conference for May 17th, 2005 (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I just read something that said (as mentioned above) that Nintendo was talking with third parties about putting their games on the service, as well. Apparently, there is a pricing structure for the service (either buy each game individually when you download it or prebuy through a card of some sort). I hope the games are cheap. They also said they might give games away as promotions (I'm thinking along the lines of giving away the first two Zelda games for free when you buy the new one or something).

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I thought in the negotiations between Nintendo & Mircrosoft, that Rare was only allowed to keep the rights to the characters from Conker & Perfect Dark and that Nintendo owned the rights to the other characters created by Rare? For example, this would allow Nintendo to have other companies create games based on the Banjo Kazooie license. Did I misremember this?

Roger_R

Second Unit

Well, I don't know about NES games but my little SNES game collection takes 3.08GB compressed and about 10GB uncompressed. That's a bit more than 512MB. :)
The two biggest games were 6MB each if I remember correctly.

Any news on the controller yet? It looks like that might be the only thing that's revolutionary about this console.

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator

I think so. For example, Banjo Pilot was recently released for Game Boy Advance by THQ, under license from Rare. Nintendo had no involvement with that game.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
not quite. most nes games were 256 KB, so you could fit 64 games on a 16 MB card. my nes rom archive has 817 games in the USA folder alone. the entire archive, with all games released in the world (with all the bad dumps and duplicates) has almost 11,000 roms. not sure how many unique titles. i know you werent being literal with the 16 MB comment, but i'm just illustrating that while the games may be small, they arent THAT small :)

CJ

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Has there been any updates or new information on the new Nintendo system?

I'm dying to hear more about this online feature which will allow you free access to all of Nintendo's past licensed games...

Also, has there been any official pictures to surface yet?

I'm not that big on gaming but I'm really excited about this new systerm... it seems like the hype has died down a lot though over the past little while.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Joystiq.com reported that Sega, Ubisoft and Square Enix have pledged support for the Revolution platform.

Peter Molyneux has seen the controller and had this to say:
Pics of the controller are still unavailable at this time.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I want to see how well the new Revolution games look. I love Nintendo. Also want to get the old Killer Instinct games and Tyson Punch outs downloaded. It'll be cool.

And the fact hope this system will be backwards compatible to Gamecube, and finally Nintendo will also play DVD's. Since Nintendo is the only system that can't play dvd's yet.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I want to see how well the new Revolution games look. I love Nintendo. Also want to get the old Killer Instinct games and Tyson Punch outs downloaded. It'll be cool.

And the fact hope this system will be backwards compatible to Gamecube, and finally Nintendo will also play DVD's. Since Nintendo is the only system that can't play dvd's yet.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
But it won't be DVD compatible out of the box, you'll need to upgrade, which is fine with me because video game systems are for video games. I remember having to rely on my PS2 when it was first released to play my discs and keeping my fingers crossed that the actual dvd would read. Plus the 25k I spent earlier this year on home theater hardware should suffice for watching movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks