What's new

Nintendo doing it right in UK (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Whilst my gamecube has been getting a shade dusty these past few months (Resident Evil will fix this), I've got to praise good old Nintendo for a moment in their handling of the UK market with the console.

The Gamecube launches here at midnight tonight, and I had fears of there being lack of interest and publicity in it being the last of the 3 major consoles to get here... I was wrong to fear such things.

Right after Microsoft reduced the X-Box price to £199, Nintendo stepped in with a £129 tag on the Cube, and 99% of retailers are sticking to this retail price!

I have seen more TV spots for the Gamecube on TV today then I have ever seen for the X-box in total, and the Cube game spots show lots of game footage. It's great and I hope it teaches MS and Sony how best to advertise game products.

I hope the machine really does well in Europe.

Dan

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
It must be said, with the imminent launch of Episode 2, that the two seconds of Rogue Leader may sell more Gamecubes than the others in that ad put together. Even though I've played it, it still knocks me back in my seat to see it.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
It is a truly great game. I need to start playing it again, I've literally had nothing new for the cube all year (thanks to NCS pissing me about).

Dan

Steve Deacon

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, I'm passing on a GC for the moment. Shock horror, new console not in my house at launch.

I bought one at Xmas as a present, and got to play the best of the bunch US launch titles then, so there doesn't seem much point getting one at present.

I'll wait a few months and see what turns up.

Is the UK version likely to have any 60hz support?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I have no call to get the UK model frankly, owning the modded Japanese console as I do. 60hz I believe on the cube is game related, some games will have it (Rouge Leader does apparently) and some games wont.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks