What's new

Nintendo.com and cables (1 Viewer)

James Slade

Second Unit
I haven't seen a component video cable pack for the cube at EB near my home, so I went to Nintendo.com. The site says I have to buy the cables from the web store and that they are not sold by retailers. Is this accurate? What could possibly be the reason for this? Low demand? ?????????

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
Here in the HTF there's a good amount of demand, but in the stores, there isn't a whole lot.
Regardless, I do think that Nintendo should send these Component Cables to retailers. Either that, or make a deal with Monster.
:)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
On a slightly off topic note X Box power cords on sale @ multiple local retailers. How much of a demand could there be for those, perhaps for the 1/10th of 1% that either lost or damaged the original?

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
This is off topic, James did you ever get my PM? Your email wasn't working and I was wondering if it helped you find some good stores?

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
or make a deal with Monster
The funny thing is Monster just came out with cables for Nintendo, unfortunately they only came out with S-video. Kind of pointless huh? If anyone is going to dish out the extra cash for Monster Cables I'm sure they'd rather have components or at least the option!

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I just got mine from Nintendo on Tuesday. The shipping is a flat rate so make sure there's nothing else you want. I got a GBA replacement screen cover at the same time. Mario looks better but I don't see much improvement in Rogue Leader.

jeremy

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
On a slightly off topic note X Box power cords on sale @ multiple local retailers. How much of a demand could there be for those, perhaps for the 1/10th of 1% that either lost or damaged the original?
They didn't sell power cords originally with PS1, they showed up about 6 months later. There was a huge demand because people would take their systems places and lose the cord.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Monster didnt make cables for nintendo. I remember reading that they didnt want to make nintendo cables. Please direct me to where I can find their cables though if I am mistaken

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if there out yet but I saw an article on them over at IGN. They said they "should" be out in a couple weeks. Here's a link to the article.
Link Removed

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Monsters web site doesn't have any info at all about nintendo cables coming soon or out. You'd think if they were coming anyday now they would have it on their website...

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
NO component...that sucks major ass. i was holding out on monster component. Well, at least I can get kickass Svideo for my N64 and SuperNES while waiting for Component gamecube.

Nathan A

Second Unit
just remember that S-video doesn't work on the newer SNES model, but it should work on the old one.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I've been thinking about getting component cables now that I have a 16x9 TV, but most of the games are 4:3 only, and I'm somewhat concerned about logo burn in.

Who here has C.V. experience with the gamecube on a 16x9 TV?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
As long as you have set your contrast and brightness correctly (such as with Avia Home Theater DVD), it's not an issue. I play for hours and hours with no ill effects, except for a sore back. :)
-Dave

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I have played with and own Avia, but I've had much difficulty using it - being able to tell exactly what an image should look like on contrast/brightness and through the filters.

Does anyone know of a website where instructions/advice can be found?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
John,
Before using the test patterns, just watch the guide. It explains what you should be seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks