What's new

Nintendo & Capcom: Does Zelda GBA Confirm the Marriage? (1 Viewer)

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I know rumors have been circulating about Nintendo buying Capcom, but I noticed something last night that pretty much confirms it for me.
I was playing "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/4 Swords" on the GBA and noticed that before the title screen, both the logos for Nintendo AND Capcom appear.
Am I overlooking something obvious? I don't think Capcom had a hand in the original SNES version, but maybe I'm wrong. Does it have anything to do with the 4 Swords portion? Anyone else notice this? :confused:

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Capcom did the GBC Zelda games, and I believe they had a hand in the LTTP port because of it. No grand conspiracy behind it, I believe.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
I believe Capcom did the 4 Swords portion of the game which, in my mind, clearly denotes a very close working relationship between the two.
Then again, if the 'big five' and Capcom's past work on the GBC Zelda games didn't amply illustrate this, I don't know what would :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Namco working on StarFox GC and Sega working on F-Zero GC means Nintendo bought all 3 companies!

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic Morgan, but as I recall Namco, Sega, and Nintendo all went in on the Triforce arcade board.

At least I think it was Sega... I can't recall now for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks