What's new

Ninja Turtles: The Animated Series to be released on Seasonal Box Sets By... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
New Line Cinema?
I can't seem to get any concrete info about this, so take it with a grain of salt. But I was just informed by a friend, who has some official TMNT contacts herself like Kevin Eastman, that there are two people spreading rumors.
One was from a person who came into our IRC chatroom, dropped the info, and left. The other was from a website I'm trying to see if she still has a link to.
Now, my question. Does anyone know if New Line Cinema has a Customer Service/Press Release, phone line or email? I couldn't find any on the site. Or, even better, no reps browsing the board here, by chance, are there? :)

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I have heard nuthing of this, but I sure would love to own my one of my favorite chilhood cartoons on DVD.

thx, l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Before the inevitable "ask David Lambert", I'll chime in by saying that I know nothing about this. I'd love it myself, but I just did some on-line digging around and come up with absolutely nothing. At least so far.

Maybe they got confused and meant the 2nd and 3rd films? We all already know that New Line is bringing those in a couple of months.

Or perhaps the cartoon series is being not-so-secretly prepped as the follow-up the those films...who knows?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hmm, that could be the case, but I'm hoping beyond hope because the exact phrase that was used, was "SEASONAL Box Sets'. Movies don't come in seasons as far as I know :)...
Still searching for some New Line contact information. Maby I'll have better luck looking up the website registry...

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
From my understanding, New Line doesn't own the rights to the animated ninja turtles. I think Fred Wolf Films does, but please let us know what you find out.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hopefully we'll find out soon :).
I sent an email to one of the addies in the NetSol.com whois registry, hoping they could forward it to the proper department, when I saw one of the posts above. Hopefully one of them will have an answer :).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Contacting Kevin Eastman isn't too hard at all. He has an office in his Words & Pictures museum in Northhampton Massachusets. I had the honor of meeting him there, GREAT guy. Check out he museum too, it's absolutely faboo! Did you know that the white on black original TMNT cover is done in white puff paint? :)
Other cool stuff: 5 consecutive pages of "The Dark Knight Returns", Alex Ross paintings, pages from just about every great artist out there. They've had exibitions of Image comics, heck they even once did an ENTIRE YEAR of Cerebus in the exhibit gallery
WELL worth your bucks!

Gordon Elgart

Auditioning
Ah Jeff, you got to enjoy something that only lasted a short while. The Words and Pictures Museum ceased to operate as an actual museum a few years ago. It lasted on Main Street in Northampton from 1992 to 1999. It now exists only as a virtual "museum" at their website.
Words and Pictures "Museum"
So don't go driving to Northampton, Mass for that. Drive there for the Eastside Gril1!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Sniff, what a great place it was :frowning:
Unfortunately my aunt moved from Amherst, so I only ever got to go twice
One of those times, I was up with Mom, she drove. On Saturday, I got this real itch to go, and asked if we could please go today "No, I'm too tired" "Please Mom" "No' "PLEASE!" "One more time and not at all"
SOooooooo the next morning, FRONT PAGE of the freaking paper
DAVE SIM SIGNS AT WORDS & PICTURES
I have wanted to meet Dave Sim for the last decade (yes, I know he's a prick), still haven't met him TO THiS DAY
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
When I got there, it was 11AM Sunday and he and Kevin had already hit the pubs :frowning:

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yep, Sadly the Words and Pictures mueseum is no longer around. I only got to attend it twice, but it was fun while I did. Kevin Eastman still has an email address for it, I beleive, though...

Also, a friend of mine reminded me of another thing. New Line Cinema is owned by Turner Broadcasting. Wich also owns a Little network called Cartoon Network. If this is true.....maby TMNT reruns may be making there way to CN. It's possible. New Series airs in January, and CN is having an 80's nostalgia as of late with He-Man and GI Joe and Transformers coming back..

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
New Line is owned by AOL / Time Warner. He-Man is owned by Hallmark (last time I checked), which is why CN had to finance a new He-Man series instead of bringing the old ones back. This Fall should be a great season for CN as the new series of He-Man and Transformers will air. Can't wait. Hopefully this will encourage the studios holding these cartoons from the 80s to be released on DVD.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
The Mystery gets more interesting...Now it seems as if the first movie being rereleased gets the Special Edition Treatment in September. Talking with an Aim friend of mine who has a few toy company contacts from a company called Pangea..
>>"hmmm, i'll see what I can do. Last I heard New Line has a box-set of the flicks in the works along with a "Special Edition" of the first film. Word is they're gearing up for the franchise relaunch with some promotional materials too">>>
The Mystery Deepens. Here's hoping I have the courage to call up the company tommorow since I have no idea what I'm doing when I do so :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Welp, Everyone is in the office today. Anyone wanna take a shot at calling the number? New Line Home Video (310) 854-5811. I hate calling people I don't know, especially in big companies, I get too nervous :).
The Questions to ask are, "Is the First Movie RE-Release in September a Special Edition?" And "Is it true, or do you have plans to, release the original toon on un-edited Seasonal Box Sets?" Try and drag as much info out of them as possible on the latter.
LMK all the details and the name of the person who told you the info if possible for credit :).
:).

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, I called and spoke to the CEO of Mirage today and he told me that Fred Wolf believes he owns the DVD rights. It sounds like Fred sold the VHS rights to a company a few years ago but thinks he has retained the DVD rights. I tried calling Fred Wolf but got an answering machine. It sounds like Fred Wolf is an old man that doesn't care too much about the show since he's already made millions.

So, that's all for now.

Gord

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heya,
Heh, Yep, Calling up, or emailing Mirage is the easy part :). I've been in touch with them for years. Sadly, they know just as little as we do about this, and apparently would have to call New Line Just like everyone else to find out. Those companies have no obligations to call them about releasing anything old to the shelves again, wich is kind of sad.
As far as FWF go, I forgot about calling that connection. But, I finally got up the courage to call New Line today. I left a message for someone there, because they where probably out to lunch. I asked for someone who could quelch or confirm a DVD rumor. Lets see if they call back, but if anyone has better luck, LMK.
Edit: Aww Crap. It seems like such a perfect time to do it, especially considering their Cartoon Network Connection, wich is why I so wanted to beleive in this rumor.
Question though. Would they be trying to keep this a secret for as long as they can, and just not confirm it now, or did they sound like it really wasn't going to happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks