Ninja Turtles on DVD, UPDATED news..

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DeathStar1, Jun 2, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Thanks to a corresponded by the names of Joe Owens, who did some digging for us, we finally got a response out of Artisan, and it all seems to be bad news depending on how you look at it I'm afraid..

>> "We still plan to release the DVD but it has been moved to March 2004. As the first release we plan to release the first episode, The Epic Begins, this is a 70-minute episode. We are also planning some special features and cool packaging but have not started to develop them yet, maybe you have some good ideas...". >>>

This is an email from the new head project handler(Maby the company was already bought and things switched?).

The Downside: One more year of wait for a much in demand series.

The Worse news: 'The epic Begins 70 minute episode'. If this is refering to what I think, it's an EDITED version of the 5 part pilot all lumped together onto one tape. They cut out an ENTIRE episode(#3), and edited down the others by about 5 minutes per episode. This day and age of DVD, it's intolerable.

I'm hoping that this guy is really serious in opening up a diolouge, if so, hopefully we can show him that fans WILL be willing to buy season sets at a reasonable price alla Transformers, and all episodes MUST be uncut.

If anyones willing to help out, I'll send a reply and see if we can get a dialouge going with this guy.

2. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Horrible news indeed. Almost a year wait for ONE episode, well not an episode but you know what I mean. Why not a compilation of the first 11 episodes or so like they did for Speed Racer? Can't Artisan do anything right?
    Guess they can't unless it's T2.

3. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

What the hell is this? It's not liek the rights for the original version are any harder to get and I doubt they cost much more.

5. John_Berger

Hopefully, they'll realize how stupid they're being. Give me the masters and decent DVD authoring software/hardware, and I'll do the mastering for FREE, for crying out loud! [​IMG]

Actually, this is the second time in the past year that I've spent time to convert something to DVD-R only to find out that there are plans for official releases. I started to convert a boat-load of TMNT episodes to DVD just a few weeks ago, including The Epic Begins. (!!!)

Hmmm... Maybe this is a trend. I should convert my original, THX, non-SE Star Wars tapes to DVD-R. Nah-h-h-h-h. Murphy's Laws will probably kick in with that idea. [​IMG]

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Heh, I already did last year. It was my main reason I wanted to get a DVD recorder, because I wanted to preserve my TV Taped memories before they turned to dust or got chewed up in the VCR [​IMG]. I now have the entire series on home made DVD, about 50 discs, 3 eps each.

But the quality of the home made stuff is only as good as the TV reception. I want high quality, official, uncut stuff darn it [​IMG]. You know, without the wavy lines, VCR tracking problems on the bottom, or TV Reception fuzz..

7. John_Berger