What's new

Ninja Turtles on DVD, UPDATED news.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Thanks to a corresponded by the names of Joe Owens, who did some digging for us, we finally got a response out of Artisan, and it all seems to be bad news depending on how you look at it I'm afraid..

>> "We still plan to release the DVD but it has been moved to March 2004. As the first release we plan to release the first episode, The Epic Begins, this is a 70-minute episode. We are also planning some special features and cool packaging but have not started to develop them yet, maybe you have some good ideas...". >>>

This is an email from the new head project handler(Maby the company was already bought and things switched?).

The Downside: One more year of wait for a much in demand series.

The Worse news: 'The epic Begins 70 minute episode'. If this is refering to what I think, it's an EDITED version of the 5 part pilot all lumped together onto one tape. They cut out an ENTIRE episode(#3), and edited down the others by about 5 minutes per episode. This day and age of DVD, it's intolerable.

I'm hoping that this guy is really serious in opening up a diolouge, if so, hopefully we can show him that fans WILL be willing to buy season sets at a reasonable price alla Transformers, and all episodes MUST be uncut.

If anyones willing to help out, I'll send a reply and see if we can get a dialouge going with this guy.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Horrible news indeed. Almost a year wait for ONE episode, well not an episode but you know what I mean. Why not a compilation of the first 11 episodes or so like they did for Speed Racer? Can't Artisan do anything right?
Guess they can't unless it's T2.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
If this is refering to what I think, it's an EDITED version of the 5 part pilot all lumped together onto one tape.
Yes, it is - a rather badly edited version.

Well, it could be worse. They could have said, "We have no plans to release any TMNT DVDs at this time."

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
What the hell is this? It's not liek the rights for the original version are any harder to get and I doubt they cost much more.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, they'll realize how stupid they're being. Give me the masters and decent DVD authoring software/hardware, and I'll do the mastering for FREE, for crying out loud! :)

Actually, this is the second time in the past year that I've spent time to convert something to DVD-R only to find out that there are plans for official releases. I started to convert a boat-load of TMNT episodes to DVD just a few weeks ago, including The Epic Begins. (!!!)

Hmmm... Maybe this is a trend. I should convert my original, THX, non-SE Star Wars tapes to DVD-R. Nah-h-h-h-h. Murphy's Laws will probably kick in with that idea. :)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, I already did last year. It was my main reason I wanted to get a DVD recorder, because I wanted to preserve my TV Taped memories before they turned to dust or got chewed up in the VCR :). I now have the entire series on home made DVD, about 50 discs, 3 eps each.

But the quality of the home made stuff is only as good as the TV reception. I want high quality, official, uncut stuff darn it :). You know, without the wavy lines, VCR tracking problems on the bottom, or TV Reception fuzz..

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I want high quality, official, uncut stuff darn it .
Damn straight! A nice stereo remix (doesn't even have to be 5.1 and it sure as hell does not need to be DTS -- did I just commit an HTF offense by saying that? :rolleyes:) would be great, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks