What's new

Ninja Scroll 10th Anniversary - Wasn't it supposed to come out today? (1 Viewer)

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Was there an announcement of a delay or anything of this disc? Manga's page still has June 24th listed as the release date. Thanks.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Matt,

That's a good question VideoETA doesn't list the film at all, which tells me no, it's not expected. Amazon shows no such DVD in existence. But you're right. Manga's site shows a June 24 release date for the "Ninja Scroll 10th Anniversary," whatever that is.

Hmm.. interesting.

~joseph

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember hearing any sort of announcement that this was delayed. It isn't listed on AnimeOnDVD's upcoming releases list for today, either.

I found it on the list. They say it is coming out on July 29th.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Obviously much delayed as the release date is 9/30.

I ordered mine from DDD.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm a little disappointed in the disc so far. The widescreen version just looks zoomed in, though for the OAR purists this probably is not an issue. More than likely I'll just stick to the 4x3.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know this thing wasn't supposed to be out. I just saw a couple copies of this at different computer games stores in one of the malls out here in Portland, and I went home to see how long it had been out online, checked deep discount DVD--and it's available to ship there, too.

I think I'm gonna hang onto my disc--the 5.1 DTS is REALLY calling for me, tho, but the OAR IS the full-frame, and the transfer on the last one was pretty damn good. So I'll hold steady. I got other movies higher up on my list.

But at least up here in the pacific northwest, it looks pretty readily available

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I saw several copies of this one at BB just a few weeks back. I read that they completely remastered the video in anamorphic widescreen, but it's actually just a zoomed-in version of the 4:3 version? That's really disappointing, because it's unlikely we'll ever see this title on DVD again. :frowning:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I already traded off my copy of the previous release, otherwise I'd do an A-B comparison. There doesn't seem to be anything shockingly improved as far as the transfer.

Of the first few minutes I've seen I can't say the DTS is that great either. It sounds rather thin to me. but it is nice to have the Japanese in DD and DTS rather than just the English dub.

Overall I'd say I was expecting more. I'll post again if I should change my mind.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Cameron and Joseph, remember that the OAR is 4x3, so the WS version is just MAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks