What's new

Nine to Five 25th Anniversary Edition DVD that's coming an improvement? (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I just got back from seeing Dolly Parton in concert. Her second number was "9 to 5" and after it was over, she pointed out that the movie was 25 years old, and that a new anniversary DVD was in work--and that she had just gotten back from participating in it!

There was no clear indication of if she had recorded a commentary or just interviews, but she was excited about it (as was the audience).

She said that she is also working on a musical version of the movie, with the hope that it will land on Broadway.

- Steve

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Very cool. I'm often been tempted to buy the current disc, especially since you can find it for $9.99 (or less) now-a-days. It's good to know a new version is on the way.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Let's hope its a good 25th anniversary edition and not just an old transfer with a featurette and a banner on the cover.

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Be nice Malcom.

Having met her I can assure you she is one of the nicest and most genuine people you could ever encounter. She's a rarity in show biz, trust me.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Indeed, Malcolm, your remarks are uncalled for.

- Steve

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A simple inquiry about her life status is uncalled for? I didn't say anything about her, the person.

I thought she'd died awhile ago. Apparently not. Thanks for the confirmation. :rolleyes

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Let's put it this way.

When I say that I saw Dolly Parton in concert, you can assume that she is alive.

I'll leave the rest of the pissing contest to the wind.

- Steve

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Not to beat a dead horse, Malcolm but where have YOU been to miss the still very active Ms. Parton?

In the last couple of years alone, she's guested on Larry King Live, The Late Show With David Letterman, Late Night With Conan O'Brien, Oprah!, The Tony Danza Show, The View among others, played a real estate agent on Reba, appeared in Miss Congeniality 2 with Sandra Bullock, not to mention releasing new albums regularly including her latest Those Were The Days which is her 6th album released since 2000 as well as being nominated for a Grammy every year since 2000 (she won in 2002) including this year's Grammy awards.

In case you hadn't heard the news, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are also still alive and well and active and hopefully contributed to the upcoming DVD along with Ms. Parton!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
However, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead. :)

(Apologies to Chevy Chase.)

- Steve

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im not a fan of country music but Ms Parton is a wonderful person. Ive heard and read that she is nothing but sweet. She sounds like someone Id love to meet.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Wouldn't this be a 26th Anniversary Edition by the time it comes out?

This was my favorite movie growing up and I'm really excited about a 25th anniversary re-issue and hopefully the sequel that everyone always talks about will still get made!

"One thing you should know about dear old Roz. She's the eyes, ears, nose & throat of Mr. Hart. Anything she hears, he hears."

Greg_M

Screenwriter
I keep hoping Universal will release a 25th anniversary version of Dolly's best film "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"

Actually I hope they release the director's original cut which ran much longer and features more scenes with Dolly, and more of her songs. A commentary would also be nice.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Not only were the rumors true, but it's funny as hell. Looks like Fox is jumping on the named special edition bandwagon with 9 to 5: Sexist, Egotistical, Lying, Hypocritical Bigot Edition due on April 4th according to DVDActive.

Available in separate widescreen and foolscreen editions, the extras include: "commentary by Producer Bruce Gilbert and actors Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton and Dabney Coleman, a Nine @ 25 featurette, ten deleted scenes, a Remembering Collin Higgins feature, a Singing Nine to Five Karaoke feature, a gag reel, the original theatrical trailer, and an inside look."

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

Ok, this crap needs to stop like NOW. Whatever little marketing dweeb that thought "cute, funny" titles for SEs were a good idea needs to be fired immediately.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Add me to the thumbs down.

Why do studios as of late feel these cute
little title additions are in any way effective
or attractive to the consumer?

What happened to the good ol' days when
Special Edition was all that needed
to be said?

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Yeah, these cutesy names for these double dips are
silly, but it's easy for me to ignore this nonsense
because I don't pay any attention to the cover art
on DVD packages.

It's nice to see decent extras with this new edition. It
will be fun to listen to the commentary.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks