What's new

NIN DVD reviewd (1 Viewer)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Awesome!

I've been a long time NIN fan and have everything Trent has put out. I am looking forward to purchasing this collection.

One of my favorite videos from Trent was the hurt video, and it was in concert and had a very human aspect to it, not a manufactured feeling type of video.

Thanks for the info.

Peace,

Eve

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Eve,

I see you are form Indiana. Did you happen to see the Indy show at the Pepsi Colliseum on the Downward Spiral tour? That is still hands down, the best out of the five NIN shows I have seen. The Ball State show from the same tour would come in 2nd. Did you go to either of those?

-Dean-

sean_dietz

Agent
Thanks for the link!!
I love the Closure video collection, and can't wait to
pick up this DVD. The Indianapolis show with Perfect Circle
was truly amazing!!:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: outta :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:.

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
There sure are a lot of NIN fans in Indy (nIndy?). It was obvious to me yesterday when I went to pick up my copy of "And all That it Could Have Been" and Circuit City and Best Buy were both sold out! Best Buy did give me a raincheck though, so I'll still get it for $22.99.

Dean: I missed the Pepsi Colliseum show because I went to Evansville the day before (or was it after?) Anyways, BIG MISTAKE! The croud in Evansville sucked! I had friends that went to the Indy show and told me all about the extra encore (Get Down Make Love, I think). I was pissed!

I did see the Ball State show which was awesome. Like thousands of others I was in the seats, but jumped the barricade onto the floor when the lights went out for Pinion and ran. I ended up with just one person between me and the stage, simply amazing show. The only thing that could have made that show better was if they could have played an encore, but the BSU curfew prevented that!

Was anyone able to pick up the limited edition double live CD? BB and CC were out of that yesterday too! I'm really interested to hear the new songs and reworked old songs on the "still" disc.

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah, the Conseco show was sweet too. The lights on the fragility 2.0 tour were the best I've ever seen. The sound in there sucked though, so I doubt any of the DVD footage will be from that show.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Bill,
That was a crazy scen watching everyone flood the floor like that, I felt sorry for anyone who got knocked down. Watching it from above, it looked liked someone opened a floodgate and the water just poured out like mad. I stayed in my seat because I had a great one. :)
BTW, I did get the Limited Edition CD and the reworked songs are pretty good. I would have to say though, that this CD, as of now, is my least favorite out of the NIN CD's. However, the re-works of The Becoming, The Fragile, and TDTWWWA are worth the cost. The new songs are just instrumentals and are pretty good. I have to give it more of a listen. I may be off on my opinion since I have been spending all of my time with the awesome DVD. :)
-Dean-

Michael_T

Second Unit
Personally I don't think this live album is all that. I was fairly let down on the quality and sound, compared to what I have become used to with the studio albums.

I did get the limited edition - and I actually like the disc 'still' better than the live disc.

I was thinking about getting the DVD, but after what I heard on the live CD, I wasn't as inspired. Is the DVD that much better than the live CD?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Michael,

The DVD blows the CD away. I felt the same way about the live CD. I thought the sound quality wasn't up to snuff compared to the usual stuff Trent releases. I have always seen him as a perfectionist with his CD's and this live CD is far from it.

-Dean-

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I must confess I was one of those crazy people who rushed the stage. Man that was great. Baddddd Eve baaaaaad! :)
I'll be going to best buy today to see if I can get a rain check too.
Peace,
Eve

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Just had a buddy send me this DVD it's ummmm pretty awesome. Highly recommended to any NIN fan indeed!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

dan fritzen

Second Unit
I really liked this tour. The DVD is good and the CD is as good as Live gets for the most part. But the both hav ea very good songs that sonunds awesome, #8 on the CD is The great Below which is right up there with Hurt. Make sure you crank it up when listening though.

I too have everything NIN puts out and everytime i think NIN will become bland and boring Trent always surprises me and cretes a better album.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Good to hear. I read a negative review of the CD, but I had better hopes for the DVD. Looking forward to it. :D

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i bought the last dvd left at best buy the day it came out (along with the two cd set). the dvd is good but i hate the fact that it's two discs and you have to switch them out to enjoy the rest of the show. it's not that big of a deal really but i would have preferred one disc. i saw the fragility 2.0 show twice (once in atlanta and once in new orleans). i thought the show was one of the best i've seen and i can't wait until the new a perfect circle album comes out this year.

kevin t

Duncan Barth

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up the dts version of the dvd yesterday. I never got to see any of the shows on the tour, so watching the DVD is the next best thing :)
I loved the stage lighting, and although some people have complained about the sound quality, I thought it was done well.
If you guys haven't read this, its pretty cool (even though I'm not a Mac user :) )
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2001/12/nindvd/
I kept thinking that the production had an 'indie' feel to it, and reading that article sort of explains why.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks