NIN due out "soon."

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tab Nichols, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Tab Nichols

Tab Nichols Stunt Coordinator

"Apparently the issue of Alternative Press with the year's most anticipated album (which is [sit down for this] Good Charlotte) has this to say about the NIN album:
    NINE INCH NALS
    TITLE: bleedthrough (NOTHING)
    EXPECT IT: "Soon."

"The record explores loss and possible discovery of self," says Trent Reznor about the follow-up to 1999's The Fragile, "along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from; with lots of feedback." Reznor has enlisted Atticus Ross, Jerome Dillon, Leo Herrera, mix engineer Rich Costey and Rick Rubin to help mold bleedthrough, which will feature new songs such as "The Line Begins To Blur," "Everyday Is Exactly The Same" and "My Dead Friend." This time out, Reznor is introducing high-tech to low-life. "Computers, among other things, are ruining music these days," he says. "I hate the Pro Tooled sound of perfection and everything being 'fixed.' This record is most definitely 'un-fixed.'" And when it comes to touring behind the release, T. Rez is planning on reinventing the will. "It won't be the last tour over again. That person isn't here anymore." [JP] (as in Jason Pettigrew, probably)" - Taken from www.theninhotline.net

2. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I loved Downward Spiral but couldnt get into Fragile. Im willing to give this a shot though.

3. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Same for me Matt. I especially like the older stuff from Broken and Pretty Hate Machine.

4. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

How could I forget about PHM. Doh!
    :b

5. BobSmith

BobSmith Agent

yes!!!!!!!! This is the best news I have heard all year!

6. michael_mo

michael_mo Stunt Coordinator

Cool!
    I agree with the above. Downward Spiral was one of the best releases of the 90s. Fragile was just downright dull.

I still remember how intense the 95 tour show was. Marilyn Manson opened up (didnt have a clue who he was at the time... just wondered who those freaks were on stage). That was the most violent mosh pit (except the 1st Slayer show I was at).

7. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    I really liked Fragile, along with Trent's other releases. This is great news, and we're just over 4 years since Fragile, so I knew we must be getting close!

Thanks for the extremely cool piece of info. I missed the Fragile tour as well, so I'll be going to this.

Take care,
    Chuck

8. Tim H

Tim H Stunt Coordinator

I didn't realize The Fragile came out that long ago. I eventually grew to like that album, although I found it to be a little bit bloated. I wound up condensing it to one disc and found that I liked that better.

As with all NIN releases, I'm looking forward to this one. If nothing else, it will at least be interesting.

And when is Closure coming out on DVD? [​IMG]

9. MikeDeVincenzo

MikeDeVincenzo Stunt Coordinator

Tim

Indeed sir, indeed. The performances of "Down in It" and "March of the Pigs" on the live tape half of Closure are just..phenomenal.

I'm juiced by this news, and my curosity is piqued by Trent's remarks about Pro-Tools and touring. Here's to hoping NIN plays club dates again! [​IMG]

10. Tab Nichols

Tab Nichols Stunt Coordinator

Wow, Im glad to see so many other NIN fans out there....

Im really looking forward to this album, as he has indicated previously thta he is going in a very different direction than he did with The Fragile. Not that I didnt like the Fragile, I just really enjoy watching NIN evolve...

I just wonder what this new permutation will bring...

11. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i am always amazed by the beauty of each and every nin album released. it is so far beyond me how someone can love one album and not another that words fail me.

kevin t

12. Steve Felix

Steve Felix Supporting Actor

The Fragile is my favorite album of all time. After following the nin.com weirdness for months, this is great news. He's sticking to the "every five years" release pattern.