What's new

NIN: Downward Spiral 5.1 remix reviews (2 Viewers)

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
So I picked up the SACD this weekend. Very impressed. However, I noticed a problem with the 5.1 mix on "March of the Pigs" - it appears that the quiet, piano part is missing when he sings "doesn't it make you feel better" at both the 1 minute mark and the end of the song. It's not missing on the SACD stereo and redbook layers.

Is this a problem on my copy or a product of the new mix?

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
Tony,

In 5.1, those sections of the song are coming from the rear speakers. You might have a problem with your surround channels not being connected/recognized.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, David. I'll check my set-up. I do get surround activity throughout the other tracks, though, so I'm wondering if I have something configured incorrectly.

AricB

Second Unit
that is what i was going to say, i thought it was there, cause i remember it seemed strange at first the piano back there.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
I did. Thanks for the follow-up. I didn't have all of the analog outputs hooked up to my receiver. the surround sound I was hearing was because of the Prologic II.

what a wonderful difference to have it connected properly. :b

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Is anyone else having problems with this SACD?

I had nothing but constant drop outs, replaced it, and the second one does the same thing.

This is the only SACD I have that does this so it's not my player.

It does not do it on the CD layer.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Just for kicks, what player do you have?

It *is* possible that where you're getting them from has a bad batch.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I have the exact same player as Al and have had no issues whatsoever with this two disc set.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Al- OK, probably not your player. :)

You could maybe try a different place to get one. I.e., to force as much as possible getting a disc from another batch.

Small stupid story. Bought Ted Nugent's Free For All from a local vinyl shop looooong time ago. Warped. Brought it back and got another one. Also warped. Made them open up copies in the store until they got a good one. All 20 of what that they had were all warped.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just to let people know, this title (SACD) is $16.99 on sale @ Best Buy this week, and the DVD-A Dualdisc version was $13.99 *but that looked to be the regular price @ my Best Buy* - there was no "sale" sticker for the DVD-A version.

Oh, and if you have a 10$ off coupon, my rung up despite the sale, so I got the SACD of TDS and the deluxe edition of Weezer's blue album for $15.29 each (as opposed to the $27.99 sticker on both)! As Cartman would say, "Supersweet!" :D

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Al, I've also got a Sony C555ES, and have not experienced any dropouts while listening to the first disc multichannel mix. I can't speak to the stereo or second disc yet, as I haven't listened to them...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks