What's new

Niles audio (1 Viewer)

Andrew K.

Auditioning
We are working with a home entertainment company for our sturctured wiring and home theatre and they use almost all Niles equipment. I was wondering if any of you here have had experince with this company or know anything about it. The companies website is nilesaudio dot com.
I am mainly curious about thier speaker quality for my home theatre. One last question about the sound quality for my home theatre. I have heard people say that they put hardwood floors underneath their carpet to improve sound quality. Does this really help or does it have a minimal effect? We have heated floors in our house and the way the put them in is. First they pour the basement cement and put some kind of styropfoam/insulation boards across the floor and then the tubes for the heating systme are coiled to cover the entire floor and finally a thin layer of concrete is poured to cover the tubing. Would this concrete layer act the same as hardwood flooring?

*sry for putting a link in like that*

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Andrew,

I have some experience with niles. Mostly with some of there older audio stuff. Quality stuff IMO. Don't know about there customer service. I know Russound is also very good if given the option. Good luck with your project.

Andrew K.

Auditioning
We haven't consulted them on the speakers for the home theatre yet, but we are pretty sure we are using Niles speakers for the wholehouse audio.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
For whole house audio I would say there fine. Depending on how loud you listen to it. I have a whole house audio system and I used radio shack speakers (they sound pretty good). But I don't listen to my WHA system at high volumes. It's just for backround music. But for home theater I would not suggest niles. If you read this forum you can get a lot of ideas about better speakers for HT use. If the installer doesn't want you to use different speakers ask them to run the wires where you need them and then buy the speakers you want and install them yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks