What's new

Nike to purchase rival Converse (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Sounds like Converse will complement and work in different markets than Nike - Nike/Swoosh (flagship line), Converse (entry level/low priced line).

Sad fall from grace for Converse. I remember when they were a big name in athletic shoes, prior to the rise of Nike and the subsequent battle between Nike and Reebok (and Reeboks eventual loss).

All I saw for awhile back when were the gold & purple Coverse hi-tops and the Connors Converse. Perhaps they'll come back in favor as a result of Nike's acquisition, a la the late 90's and on resurgence of Adidas and Puma.

BTW...Adidas and Puma were started by two brothers from Germany.

Devin U

Second Unit
Man, all I used to buy was Converse because of my flat feet. Hope Nike doesnt put humongus arch supports in them like they do in their shoes. Guess it's back to New Balance.

James E

Stunt Coordinator
You can always go with skateboarding shoes(Simples, vans, some air-walks);)

james

P.S.
air-walks don't holdup like they used to.:frowning:

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
I'm suprised Nike had to pay 300 million (approx, can't remember the exact figure). I thought converse had been bankrupt, but maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
It seems like over the years, the quality of Nike shoes has decreased. I used to purchase only Nike shoes, but now I'm going to do some research on shoes that might be better.

Anyone have any opinions? Is New Balance any good? I need a good pair of running/walking shoes.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Anyone have any opinions? Is New Balance any good? I need a good pair of running/walking shoes.
New Balace are good, but personally I've gone with Saucony (http://www.saucony.com).

They're runners, pure and simple. Nike and all the other name brands didn't seem very comfortable to me, but the Saucony's were a sure thing. Sure, I might not look like the most stylin' guy in the gym with my simple white & blue runners, but I won't go home with tears in my eyes because I have shin-splints. :D

Moe.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
All I have to say is they better not stop making Converse All Stars, I have worn them since the 6th grade.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Word, man! I've been proudly wearing All Stars for almost 20 years (despite the bitching of select girlfriends), and I don't wanna stop now! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks