Nights of Cabiria/Wages of Fear on Sundance

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Rankin, May 1, 2002.

1. Jim Rankin

Jim Rankin Stunt Coordinator

Just wanted to post a heads up on these films.

Wages of Fear directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot is on Sundance tonight (May 1st) at 6:30 p.m.

Nights of Cabiria directed by Federico Fellini is on Sundance on May 2nd at 11:35 a.m.

I know that Criterion has both of these films in their collection on dvd, and maybe someone that is riding the fence on them can make a more informed purchasing decision. Anyone that has these discs please feel free to give your impressions on them! Regards, Jim.

2. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Don't these movies air quite often on Sundance?

~T

3. Jim Rankin

Thi I apologize if this is old hat, I wasn't aware that they screened that often. I have just recently (within the last month or so) started to dabble with international films, and started purchasing some of the Criterion releases. These two films have my interest peaked, and I was just passing along the info in case another foreign film neophyte might be interested as well! [​IMG]
    Regards, Jim

4. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Haven't watched SUNDANCE since they added the f**king bug on the bottom right corner. Shame. Used to be a good channel.

5. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

That's okay Jim.

Since both of the DVD's are Criterions, I would think that they will make excellent purchases if you are interested in the movies.

I rented Nights of Cabiria and remember the picture quality being quite good.

~T

6. Jim Rankin

7. SteveK

SteveK Supporting Actor

I've watched a number of movies on Sundance and they do have the bug, but only on a periodic basis. Yes, it's certainly on screen longer than it needs to be, but it's not constant. I figure I can tolerate it since it's one of the few sources for letterboxed and/or subtitled movies. The availability of Sundance Channel is the sole reason I subscribe to Showtime. I wish Sundance was available a la carte for a dollar or two rather than as a package for $12 or so. Oh well, can't have everything I guess. [​IMG]
    Steve K.

8. Luc D

Luc D Second Unit

Oh how I wish the Sundance channel was available in Canada.