What's new

NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNICH (1 Viewer)

Charles H

Screenwriter
In the wake of Criterion's upgrade of THE LADY VANISHES, I was wondering why NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNICH has never been brought out on DVD. It certainly would have been a more relevent addition to the new Criterion dvd than CROOK'S TOUR and Basil Radford and Naunton Wayne actually reprise their roles from the Hitchcock film. They did 12 films together. Kino brought NIGHT TRAIN out on dvd and it has a superb cast (Rex Harrison, Margaret Lockwood, Paul (Von?) Henreid, Roland Culver, Felix Alymer) and terrific direction by Carol Reed. Does anyone know who controls now the video rights?

Jim Bur

Stunt Coordinator

Charles: I think you meant to say that Kino brough Night Train out on VHS.

I've seen Night Train play on the Fox Movie Channel, so my hunch is that Fox controls the rights. Fox has a lot of excellent espionage/thriller movies which have never been released on DVD, including Man Hunt, Lancer Spy, Dipolmatic Courier, Five Fingers, etc. Might make a pretty good set for a DVD release.

c Jim Bur

Charles H

Screenwriter
FMC has been recently showing William Wellman's THE IRON CURTAIN (with the ubiquitous teaming of Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews). It's a provocative story of real life Soviet spies in Canada, and it would make a worthy addition to a Fox spy collection.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Let's not forget "Night People" another Fox film and one of my favorite spy films about the Cold War with Gregory Peck, Broderick Crawford and Buddy Ebsen.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks